B1500 fan belt replacement - v tight fit?

London

Equipment
B1500
Feb 2, 2020
London
noticed my fan belt was going with chunks missing. Tried to get it off but it was so tight even with adjuster slackened off all the way in - in fact adjustor wouldn’t move any further in. In the end just cut if off and thought it had been fitted with one that was too short. Anyway have got the right replacement which turns out to be the same size as the one I cut off - any tips on how to get it on as it will be very taught with adjuster all the way in? Cheers

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
noticed my fan belt was going with chunks missing. Tried to get it off but it was so tight even with adjuster slackened off all the way in - in fact adjustor wouldn’t move any further in. In the end just cut if off and thought it had been fitted with one that was too short. Anyway have got the right replacement which turns out to be the same size as the one I cut off - any tips on how to get it on as it will be very taught with adjuster all the way in? Cheers
With the age of the machine anything is possible. Someone along the line may have changed the alternator / dynamo with one that has a larger pulley. Any auto parts store will have belts slightly longer. Grab a couple and return the ones you don't use.
Installation tip: Always go over the largest pulley last.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
Ya may have to remove the dynamo to get the belt on

Reactions: 1 user

London

Equipment
B1500
Feb 2, 2020
London
Thanks guys think you are right. Got the new belt on with a tyre lever which worked quite well !