B 7100 Engine Swap

Erik Graham

Equipment
B2630, LA 403, RCK60-30B, L2550 GST
Nov 30, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Greetings;

I have a B7100 HST of unknown age, but definitely older. According to the manual and the plate on the tractor it has a D 750 DH engine. I'm not sure if this is the original engine as it has a water pump instead of the convection system that is most common on these tractors.

I have 2 questions. Firstly, is there any place on the engine itself that identifies the type. I found the serial # but nothing else.

Secondly, does anyone have any idea whether a Kubota
D 722 E engine would fit this tractor? There is a used one for sale about an hour's drive from here that has low hours and if it was a fit would give me a substantially younger engine and an additional 3 hp.

Any advice appreciated, especially ideas as to where I might be able to get the information I need.

Cheers, Erik

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Hi Erik
First of all, that is the correct engine for a later model early B7100hst. The engine identification is stamped into the block right alongside the injection pump. and, No, a 722 is a new style mini series engine it will not work in your tractor! At least not without a LOT of work. (i have learned to never say never LOL)
Ed