axle pivot bushing

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
L185, Frontier GM1060R finish mower, 4ft box blade,middle buster, behlen blade
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
I was wondering if anyone knew if my L185 had a front axle pivot bushing grease zerk? I can't
find one and was wondering if it had one I am going to look in the manual and see what I
can find just thought someone might know off the top their head.

thanks
Dave

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If you go to Messicks website and look at their parts diagrams you can find the answer to your question. I do not see any “fittings, grease, nipple” on the L185DT (4-wheel drive model) but there are FOUR grease nipples on the 2-wheel drive front axle, one just on the top/side of the axle support/pivot, one at each spindle, and one at the front pivot.

Reactions: 1 user

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
If you go to Messicks website and look at their parts diagrams you can find the answer to your question. I do not see any “fittings, grease, nipple” on the L185DT (4-wheel drive model) but there are FOUR grease nipples on the 2-wheel drive front axle, one just on the top/side of the axle support/pivot, one at each spindle, and one at the front pivot.
Thanks I tried to find it in my diagram I had and on the machine but didn't find any. I
did grease the steering pivots and spindles. i will look in those
areas thanks for the info

Dave

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
On my L185F there is one fitting on the front axle pivot at the center of the tractor. It is nearly impossible to see and I recall not on the side it is supposed to be on.

If you look there should be a plate about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick that attaches the pivot point to the tractor. There is a curve in that plate that looks about big enough to get a grease gun into and if you shine a flash light you should see the grease fitting about 2 inches back in that groove. Mine is on the left side (side starter is on) but there is a similar curve on both sides.

I believe the DT is the same as the F

Arkansas Dave

Equipment
Jul 12, 2021
Arkansas
Thanks I tried to find it in my diagram I had and on the machine but didn't find any. I
did grease the steering pivots and spindles. i will look in those
areas thanks for the info

Dave
found it finally thanks I appreciate the help

Dave