Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Many many years ago, we had a nice elderly couple in our neighborhood a few doors down. For some reason she put the remainder of her turkey outside in the roasting pan to cool down. I think they got into the booze and forgot about it. My dog Rinty, German shepherd found it and brought it home…frozen in the pan! Lol 😀😀😀

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
A friend's collie stole a whole turkey when the neighbor put it out on the porch to cool. They never told the neighbor that the dog had taken it, and they thought that it might have been a bear or coyote.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
It's not the fireplace but any port in a storm will do.

dog.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I was looking thru some older pictures and came across this one.
My son sitting in one of my spare chairs getting some love from Machen circa 1996. Machen was one special 4 legged friend! Loved to "gallop" along side my four wheeler down at my recreation land, able to go for miles. She spent days with me at my indoor range, gun shop. She would follow right behind me with her nose pushed up against my back never leaving me. She knew never to cross that line into the customers retail area unless I specifically called her. She gave me a lot of joy, peace of mind at the shop and was great with the family. Miss that old pup!

IMG_3667.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
That’s a great idea Ken., ( and RCW that recently posted an old pic of Ernie) Everyone could post pictures of their long lost, but never forgotten pets who truly had a impact on our our lives. A picture of a picture would work good enough in memory….if anyone is interested…..I may walk around my house taking pics of photos hanging on the walls….

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
beeb.jpg

Two of my all-time favorites:

The black and white mixed breed is Gator Bait. I was stationed in Charleston, SC and one of my co-workers came in with a box of puppies and said (in jest, I'm sure) that any that were left at the end of the day would be used to troll for gators in the Cooper River. He was a GREAT dog, had him for just shy of 15 years. Pretty much defined laid-back. If Gator got up to investigate something, you'd better follow him.

The Rottie is Beebop. He originally belonged to my daughter and son-in-law and my granddaughter named him when she was maybe 7 or 8. Daughter decided to open a daycare in their home and the insurance people about had a stroke when they saw Beeb. Daughter knew I loved that dog and gave him to us. He loved having a job and would carry the empty bucket back to the house when I watered the chickens. He loved to ride in the truck and went I parked to go in a store, I'd got a huge charge out of watching people cross the street to avoid him. He wouldn't have hurt a flea, when the kids had him I'd often see him laying on the living room rug with a kitten asleep on his back.

Lost Gator to old age and not long after that lost Beeb to cancer. Miss them both every day.

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
“Big Boy” …. Viet Nam

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
“Big Boy” …. Viet Nam

Sorry for the delay in my response Geo. Finally watched the video in its entirety.
Wow. I am humbled. What an eye opener for me. A lot of great stories. Can you imagine..using your army helmet as a dog food bowl! I can’t imagine the heart ache leaving your life saving dog behind when it’s your time to leave. Rest In Peace Big Boy Bravo!
Thanks for posting and sharing GeoHorn!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Geddy has had a busy day outside playing in the snow. Might be a little tired….

6D59F97F-5165-453E-820D-466DE257D682.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Colt and Henry’s Duck Dynasty phase…

62FBDFB3-5482-46F4-A66C-B2C7B4A9B095.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users