Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Queenie was owned by a neighboring, abusive and usually drunk rancher, who abused and only fed her intermittently.

One day while I was doing the traditional throwing scraps off our back porch to the wildlife…I saw her hiding under some nearby bushes….and realized she was getting her meals from our scraps thrown out for deer, etc.
She was thin, ribs showing, and would shy-away if noticed… I blew kisses to her and sweet-talked her to crawl up toward me and threw some scraps directly to her… My wife fed her some dog food we’d had since a few months earlier when we had to put our elderly Black Lab Roulette down.

Queenie appeared to be untrained and wild and for the next 17 months she lived under a large rosemary bush outside our house. Her “owner” would drunkenly call and accuse me of stealing her dog. I told Beverly that it was HER DOG… that we didn’t have her tied up or fenced in…and she could come and go as she liked… but we didn’t mind here being around here as long as she liked.

Then one night, the temperature was predicted to drop to 17-degrees and I told Jamie “We can NOT make that dog stay outside in this!”…. and I went outside and called to her and I pointed to our fireplace thru the open door…
Queenie made a Bee-line to the fireplace, curled up in front of it and remained there ALL NIGHT.

That was 7 years ago...and Queenie is a Changed-Dog! She is playful, loves strangers (no longer shy), and her favorite thing to do is chase along when I cruise the ranch or play ”Keep-Away” with a tennis ball.

The neighbor died last year and the state declared that ranch to be a “heritage site” and a watershed for the lake…never to be developed…. and Queenie is living the Good Life …and We Love Her.
She no longer sleeps under a rosemary bush… She has taken-over a rug in my daughters’ former bedroom… Now Queenie’s Room.

In this pic she is waiting for me to get in the RTV and check on the ponds below the house, where she will take a swim.
A00323C0-3EF7-4326-857A-6730C2906CDC.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Geohorn. I commend you! What a great life you have provided for Quennie! Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed reading your post! 👍👍

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Well done, GeoHorn!
Beautiful girl.
Reminds me of my special boy, now long gone.
Einstein  portrait r.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Thanks Guys! Turns out…Queenie is a free-spirit …but who IMMEDIEATELY calms down and “heels“ if a leash is put on her collar. She is an expert at getting and keeping the tennis ball and if you pretend not to care about it….she will sneak up behind you with it in her mouth and actually touch you with it as a temptation to play!

Seven years now and she has NEVER made an accident in the house… comes and bumps me with her nose to be let outside…and goes off into the woods where she takes care of her needs.. The Yard has no “mines” in it…Ever!

We had her microchipped and she’s all up to date with her innoculations… She is a mysteriously Quiet Dog… Only very rarely barks… usually at the UPS driver who she loves… or at the door when she wants to come inside. I do have a video somewhere in my phone tho’ where she tuned-up and joined the chorus with the coyotes one night. :LOL: :love:

When my daughter need us to adopt her elderly cat…Queenie would back-off and allow the cat to eat from her bowl until the cat was finished…even tho the cat had already been fed…and Queenie had not had a meal yet… She also lays on our back porch and watches the deer and cottontails as if they are her friends.… A real sweetheart.

Here’s a short video of her sharing with the new-comer:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Queenie was owned by a neighboring, abusive and usually drunk rancher, who abused and only fed her intermittently.

One day while I was doing the traditional throwing scraps off our back porch to the wildlife…I saw her hiding under some nearby bushes….and realized she was getting her meals from our scraps thrown out for deer, etc.
She was thin, ribs showing, and would shy-away if noticed… I blew kisses to her and sweet-talked her to crawl up toward me and threw some scraps directly to her… My wife fed her some dog food we’d had since a few months earlier when we had to put our elderly Black Lab Roulette down.

Queenie appeared to be untrained and wild and for the next 17 months she lived under a large rosemary bush outside our house. Her “owner” would drunkenly call and accuse me of stealing her dog. I told Beverly that it was HER DOG… that we didn’t have her tied up or fenced in…and she could come and go as she liked… but we didn’t mind here being around here as long as she liked.

Then one night, the temperature was predicted to drop to 17-degrees and I told Jamie “We can NOT make that dog stay outside in this!”…. and I went outside and called to her and I pointed to our fireplace thru the open door…
Queenie made a Bee-line to the fireplace, curled up in front of it and remained there ALL NIGHT.

That was 7 years ago...and Queenie is a Changed-Dog! She is playful, loves strangers (no longer shy), and her favorite thing to do is chase along when I cruise the ranch or play ”Keep-Away” with a tennis ball.

The neighbor died last year and the state declared that ranch to be a “heritage site” and a watershed for the lake…never to be developed…. and Queenie is living the Good Life …and We Love Her.
She no longer sleeps under a rosemary bush… She has taken-over a rug in my daughters’ former bedroom… Now Queenie’s Room.

In this pic she is waiting for me to get in the RTV and check on the ponds below the house, where she will take a swim. View attachment 90440
good on you!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
May I suggest that you get either a glass or stainless steel bowl for your dog? The reasoning is that the plastic holds bacteria in the scratches and the bacteria can have a bad effect on your dog and cat. The glass and stainless steel can go in the dishwasher and be sanitized, unlike the plastic bowls.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Maz bed.jpg

My wife decided she was going to put up Christmas lights. At midnight she finished and Max was finished too. He stayed outside with her the whole time, right next to her. She came in and he ran right to our bed and jumped in. He was exhausted.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Low 40’s today, so the real Dragon is running…..he can see his reflection in the window…

At 375 pounds, he can’t push that Dragon over….😉

EAA4D3D2-AC65-4CC3-BDEC-420AC484A9C7.jpeg

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Broken hearted here after putting my little buddy down Saturday. Hurts so bad and pretty sure we can't do this again but really gonna miss the love of a dog. RIP Mo my buddy.

• Sad

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Broken hearted here after putting my little buddy down Saturday. Hurts so bad and pretty sure we can't do this again but really gonna miss the love of a dog. RIP Mo my buddy.
Sorry for your loss.

1668432727768.png

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sorry to hear of your loss. 😢
I feel your pain.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Thanks guys, like I said before it's the worse pain ever.
Pass that love along to some other stray or rescue and you (and Mo) will both be well.

Turn up your volume and enjoy this sweet solo from Wendy Francisco: