Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
RCW, so sorry about Ollie. Best wishes to you and Terry.

Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
So sorry RCW, not the news I wanted to wake up to, almost felt like I knew him.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
So sorry to hear the devastating news. Ollie will be waiting for you on the other side.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Sorry to hear about Ollie - they truly become part of the family.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Rest In Peace, Ollie.

5/2/2011-1/1/2022.

View attachment 72592
Noticed tracks in the snow right outside back door last two mornings....maybe Ollie's looking to come back in.... :unsure:

F92582EF-3DB9-422F-82B1-5302C5003B78.jpeg

Kinda cool, but sooner think coyote. Has a little drag on a rear leg, which Ollie did too.

Last edited:

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
OK a few images of Sophie.....

Sophie and I were sitting together on a bench. I decided to take a selfie of us but instead of her looking at the phone she gave me a good lick!

When investigating what she was barking at behind the house I found her with this little fawn and the little guy wasn't intimidated by her at all. I looked back as we were walking away and saw him lay back down.

One last one, with her "brother" Ollie.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
OK a few images of Sophie.....

Sophie and I were sitting together on a bench. I decided to take a selfie of us but instead of here looking at the phone she gave me a good lick!

When investigating what she was barking at behind the house I found her with this little fawn and the little guy wasn't intimidated by her at all. I looked back as we were walking away and saw him lay back down.

One last one, with her "brother" Ollie.

If only humans could learn from our four legged friends!!

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Took Christmas tree down last week.

The Mrs. has always gotten the pets an ornament.

Chronologically left to right Rocci the Bassett Hound, Ernie the lab/Great Dane mix, Murray the boxer, and Ollle the boxer we just lost New Year's Day.

Below the boys is Sophie the cat. She adopted us and we harbored her for 14 years. She was given good care, but was not a nice cat.

FA2356A7-A9C4-46F1-8739-1992D82398DC.jpeg

Rocci was the Mrs. dog before we married. He passed just before we married.

Ernie was BIG and TALL. 147 pounds of a very solid dog. Tore my shoulder apart giving him a bath once. Force to be reckoned with, he was so strong. Terrible at first from the SPCA @ 5 months, but @ 14 months was perfect. Not a mean bone in his body. My daughter bit him twice... He was just a great, great guy. We waited a LONG time after he passed.....

Murray was good guy. Very good and housetrained within a week. Was all gray by 5. Died suddenly at 7. Breeders were nice people, but hindsight thinks they weren't well-versed breeders.

Ollie has been part of OTT for quite a while. Really big and stout. Probably one of the biggest boxers you'd run across. Whole litter was the same, and looked the same. Will miss him for a long while.

Last edited:

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Great memories RCW. We do the same at Christmas. Many many dog and cat photo holder ornaments. If I put up a tree, I prefer a small potted tree that I can replant. We have many beautiful trees growing around our property which, once served as our Christmas tree. Pickings were slim this year for live trees. All I could find were the Grinchmas cedars. Not the best photo but if you can zoom in you will see all ornaments which pictures of our pets. One ornament has 4 dogs in the photo. Don’t think I will have 4 dogs at the same time any time in the near future…learned my lesson. 😀
3AED100D-256D-46F8-9AA4-51EB27D270E0.jpeg

FF505A84-CA8B-40FE-B64A-4B514D989D44.jpeg

Pups always got a cheap stuffed toy to rip apart

FA93F01B-6DAB-4718-BCCF-0540D8048B60.jpeg

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Took Christmas tree down last week.

The Mrs. has always gotten the pets an ornament.

Chronologically left to right Rocci the Bassett Hound, Ernie the lab/Great Dane mix, Murray the boxer, and Ollle the boxer we just lost New Year's Day.

Below the boys is Sophie the cat. She adopted us and we harbored her for 14 years. She was given good care, but was not a nice cat.

View attachment 73560

Rocci was the Mrs. dog before we married. He passed just before we married.

Ernie was BIG and TALL. 147 pounds of a very solid dog. Tore my shoulder apart giving him a bath once. Force to be reckoned with, he was so strong. Terrible at first from the SPCA @ 5 months, but @ 14 months was perfect. Not a mean bone in his body. My daughter bit him twice... He was just a great, great guy. We waited a LONG time after he passed.....

Murray was good guy. Very good and housetrained within a week. Was all gray by 5. Died suddenly at 7. Breeders were nice people, but hindsight thinks they weren't well-versed breeders.

Ollie has been part of OTT for quite a while. Really big and stout. Probably one of the biggest boxers you'd run across. Whole litter was the same, and looked the same. Will miss him for a long while.
Some pain we never truly get over as I know only to well, keep well my friend.

Reactions: 2 users

HVACRoger

Equipment
2021 L2501 Loader, Backhoe, LandPride Grapple, Tiller, Forks, Quick Connect
Dec 20, 2021
Wilson, NC
Jazzy and I enjoy a lot of things together. The wife and I have always had Bassett's from the time we were dating till now (40yrs). We breed and sold them for a while & then transitioned into rescue. Wife had 15 at one time, we kept everyone until they passed. Now it's just Jazzy, she rules the kingdom! A happy life is a good dog!!

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Don't bug me dad
Bear - - we're doing okay.

We've started the process to look for another Boxer pup this week. Hopefully sometime in 2022. We wouldn't/couldn't start that process while Ollie was with us.

Yes, it's a terrible pain when they go.

Maybe it sounds selfish, but it's also painful when I get home from work, and not hear the "sniffing" at the door waiting for me to come inside. Heard that sound for 30 years and several dogs.

Makes me think of GSD-Keegan’s message about “I’ll be waiting behind the door.”

Like you, we've both had dogs all our lives.

Not immediately planned; we're both eligible to retire, and in good health. We can't fathom not having a dog.

We're not much younger than you guys.

You have said no more dogs.

My only suggestion is don't focus on the end of their time with you, but the many good and memorable years you have with them.

Those are good and fulfilling years for the dog, and you folks as well......

Just my 2 cents...take care, my friend....

PS: one of my wife’s friends gave her this little memorial today. .Nice thought.

D4502E51-6295-4FEF-9CF1-4040B0ADCC71.jpeg

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Bear - - won’t belabor further.

The MIL of the gal that did Ollie’s watercolor portrait dropped this off today. She is my wife’s long-time friend.

Granted, the verbiage would work for many circumstances/activities.

Kind of says it all for a pet owner too.

Pet ownership has benefits for both parties….

85A4824A-3052-4DB6-B283-C30832C46B5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users