Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
Enjoy every moment with your dogs, it all goes by way too fast. Some of the best times of my life were running my beagles with my friends.
I've noticed that already. The one thing I love about hunting with dogs is it's always fun. Even the days when you get skunked. Watching how hard they work motivates me to practice shooting more. I hate it when I miss and they don't get to make a retrieve.

Reactions: 2 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I've noticed that already. The one thing I love about hunting with dogs is it's always fun. Even the days when you get skunked. Watching how hard they work motivates me to practice shooting more. I hate it when I miss and they don't get to make a retrieve.
Ever notice the hardest shot to drop a rabbit is when they're running straight at ya for some reason, you'd think it would be the easiest. You guys should be ashamed of yourself, poor little wabbits. :LOL::LOL:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Come on now DT, you should know by now who's chair it is. :rolleyes:;)
Had help with laundry today as well 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 The teeth come out when you try to get what ever she is laying on 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Then it's a round of queen of the bed 😂🤣😂🤣

20211125_081403.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

doublebass73

Equipment
L2501F, 68" Pull Type Snowblower, Spreader, Dirt Scoop
Oct 7, 2020
NH
Ever notice the hardest shot to drop a rabbit is when they're running straight at ya for some reason, you'd think it would be the easiest. You guys should be ashamed of yourself, poor little wabbits. :LOL::LOL:
I don't think I've ever made that shot in my life, it's definitely the hardest whether it's rabbits or ducks.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Ever notice the hardest shot to drop a rabbit is when they're running straight at ya for some reason, you'd think it would be the easiest. You guys should be ashamed of yourself, poor little wabbits.
I must be wired different. I find those shots to be the easiest, whether it's a critter running on the ground, or something flying, or even the two-legged variety with a paintball gun.
What I have trouble with is calculating lead on moving targets R to L or the reverse.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I must be wired different. I find those shots to be the easiest, whether it's a critter running on the ground, or something flying, or even the two-legged variety with a paintball gun.
What I have trouble with is calculating lead on moving targets R to L or the reverse.
I'm fine with a rifle Bill but I've had trouble with a shotgun on rabbits, ducks and geese. I have no idea why and you would think it would be the other way around.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This picture showed up in my wifes Facebook memories.

Gypsy when she was a pup with our oldest grandson. 👍👍👍👍

facebook_1638028771791_6870390629641146079_645263887774892.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
hnr.jpg

Great-granddaughter turned 3 yesterday and got her first car...and her first hit-and-run! :D

Had a party at Grandma's house with a raft of cousins and friends of the family and the dogs were nearly as exhausted as the kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The only problem with them is,,,,,,, they never stop ;)

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yes. My favorite dog breed.
The only problem with them is,,,,,,, they never stop ;)
Looks like a beautiful pup!

Never had one, but known several over the years.

They strike me as very energetic, protective, smart, and loyal. It's in their genes. (y)

A couple I've known have been great "people" dogs, a couple hesitant to strangers (good thing), and a couple just plain nasty to everybody, including the owners.

Obviously, it's all in their up-bringing.

Like a Beagle and scent-hunting; those genetics are strong with an Aussie's herding and protection. Good dogs when properly trained.

We've had Boxer's for a while. Not herders, but can be a little hard-headed sometimes, real goofy others, but always protective of his Mom.....

I like that, even when he's barking at me! :cool:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

They strike me as very energetic, protective, smart, and loyal. It's in their genes. (y)

A couple I've known have been great "people" dogs, a couple hesitant to strangers (good thing), and a couple just plain nasty to everybody, including the owners.

Like a Beagle and scent-hunting; those genetics are strong with an Aussie's herding and protection. Good dogs when properly trained.

We've had Boxer's for a while. Not herders, but can be a little hard-headed sometimes, real goofy others, but always protective of his Mom.....

This is my 5th Aussie I’ve had during the past 30 years. I have 1 other one now. They are extremely smart dogs and easy to train. Not vicious and very attached to their family members. Once you’ve had one you’re hooked. On the eighth day, God created Australian shepherds.

One fun fact - the breed was developed in the western US, but the Aussie name came about because immigrant Australian sheep herders favored the breed.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

This is my 5th Aussie I’ve had during the past 30 years. I have 1 other one now. They are extremely smart dogs and easy to train. Not vicious and very attached to their family members. Once

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Ive really enjoyed this thread. I have always been a dog lover and am now on #5 even though when Amy my favorite Jack Russel rescue passed at 13 I said I was done! For close to 4 years without a dog my wife would nightly do her facebook thingy (not for me) and show me picture after picture of dogs looking for home. One night a picture she showed me made me say if that dog was still available, I would take her! Best thing I ever did! And being retired its even better time to have a dog IMHO. This is Zoey she came all the way from Louisianna. Picked up off a highway and turned into a local shelter. Louisianna has an overflow with all the storms and before Zoes time ran out they shipped her to Pennsylvania to avoid being put down. Thats where someone spotted her and posted on FB. And then my wifes...Awhhh looka this one! She loves her belly rub!
20211205_063834.jpg

Zoey is a ballaholic! From the beginning of the day till the end with a little tug of war and ruff housing in between.
20211205_063352.jpg
Here she is giving a ROO ROO because Im trying to take pics instead of playing!
20211205_063354.jpg

I must have taken 20 pictures just to get these. This dog doesnt sit still unless I wear her out. She will chase a ball until I have to stop because she looks like shes having a heart attack! Thank God for Kong balls and launchers. I dont walk my dog (two old hip replacements) but she gets more exercise than most dogs do!

Reactions: 4 users