Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
falldogs.jpg

D'argo the pup is growing so fast you can almost see it. Daughter says he's in the throes of the "terrible twos" right now... :D

Reactions: 3 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Well, after having to put down are Great Dane early this summer, we have a new member to the household. The wife and daughter went over to the pound and was looking at cats, but came across this guy. He is around two years old and has quickly decided that he wants to be part of the family.

Dog 1.jpeg

Dog 2.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Going through the same thing my friend but not sure we can deal with that horrible pain again. At our age (65) really don't think we can go through the pain again as much as we love our fur babies but not real sure we can do without the love they give us, what a friggin delima.
No need for any delimma!
Our Mr. Milo died at 11 (yellow Lab).
We bought (yellow Lab) pup Sadie 2 years ago.
I was 79 then!
Sadie is our wonderful "baby"!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Just a Dog

Authored by Richard A. Biby

From time to time, people tell me, “lighten up, it’s just a dog,” or, “that’s a lot of money for just a dog.” They don’t understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for “just a dog.”

Some of my proudest moments have come about with “just a dog.” Many hours have passed and my only company was “just a dog,” but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by “just a dog,” and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of “just a dog” gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it’s “just a dog,” then you will probably understand phases like “just a friend,” “just a sunrise,” or “just a promise.” “Just a dog” brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. “Just a dog” brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of “just a dog” I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it’s not “just a dog” but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

“Just a dog” brings out what’s good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it’s not “just a dog” but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being “just a human.”

So the next time you hear the phrase “just a dog.” just smile, because they “just don’t understand.”

Reactions: 5 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Just a Dog

Authored by Richard A. Biby

From time to time, people tell me, “lighten up, it’s just a dog,” or, “that’s a lot of money for just a dog.” They don’t understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for “just a dog.”

Some of my proudest moments have come about with “just a dog.” Many hours have passed and my only company was “just a dog,” but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by “just a dog,” and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of “just a dog” gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it’s “just a dog,” then you will probably understand phases like “just a friend,” “just a sunrise,” or “just a promise.” “Just a dog” brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. “Just a dog” brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of “just a dog” I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it’s not “just a dog” but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

“Just a dog” brings out what’s good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.

I hope that someday they can understand that it’s not “just a dog” but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being “just a human.”

So the next time you hear the phrase “just a dog.” just smile, because they “just don’t understand.”
And they never will. I'm a restless sleeper so I toss from side to side a lot, when I'm on my right side my left arm is around my wife and when I'm on my left side my right arm is around my dog, both give me great comfort....I'm a very lucky guy!!!

Reactions: 3 users

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Sadly, she lost her battle with cancer on Monday, but Shadow was a loyal member of our family and grew up alongside our youngest grandson.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Sadly, she lost her battle with cancer on Monday, but Shadow was a loyal member of our family and grew up alongside our youngest grandson.

Sorry for your lose.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Pretty sure if there is such a thing as heaven our dogs will have a way better chance of getting there before most humans because in my books they are far superior to humans.

Reactions: 1 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
My little mixed breed rescue pup turned 10 years old this month.
I have gravitated toward larger breeds all my life and was a bit hesitant about adopting a small dog a decade ago when Mya came home with me.
I envisioned a ankle bitter and lots of yapping! lol. She is however one of the smartest, loving and gentle dogs that I have given a home to.

The picture is a older one, she's now turned much grayer just like her owner! :)

DSC03500.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

egilchrest

Equipment
Kubota L3901
Sep 16, 2021
Oxford, CT USA
Mitzi has been my constant companion for almost 14 years. She is with me at the office all day and on the weekends is out helping with all the projects. She is still going strong (most days), just a little bit slower.
Mitzi at work.JPG Mitzi sticking her tongue out.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My little mixed breed rescue pup turned 10 years old this month.
I have gravitated toward larger breeds all my life and was a bit hesitant about adopting a small dog a decade ago when Mya came home with me.
I envisioned a ankle bitter and lots of yapping! lol. She is however one of the smartest, loving and gentle dogs that I have given a home to.

The picture is a older one, she's now turned much grayer just like her owner! :)

View attachment 69796
Dachshunds are one of the most loving breeds of dogs out there.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Sorry for your loss Torch. Our children still fondly remember the dogs they grew up with.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Mitzi has been my constant companion for almost 14 years. She is with me at the office all day and on the weekends is out helping with all the projects. She is still going strong (most days), just a little bit slower.
View attachment 69965 View attachment 69966
Hello neighbor

Our dog Farfel looks a lot like Mitzi. I had our two at the vet this week and realized that Daisy is just about 10 now and Farfel is 9 - time flies, I thought they were 6 and 7.
Farfel and Mitzi look a lot like other dog pix posted here. Do yo know what breed(s) Mitzi is? We rescued Farfel from Houston and were told he is a yellow lab. I have my doubts tho. His ears seem way too floppy.

farfel_20211119_083605.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users