Awesome dogs thread

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Sadly, she lost her battle with cancer on Monday, but Shadow was a loyal member of our family and grew up alongside our youngest grandson.

Sorry for your lose.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
Cape Breton Canada
Pretty sure if there is such a thing as heaven our dogs will have a way better chance of getting there before most humans because in my books they are far superior to humans.

Reactions: 1 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
My little mixed breed rescue pup turned 10 years old this month.
I have gravitated toward larger breeds all my life and was a bit hesitant about adopting a small dog a decade ago when Mya came home with me.
I envisioned a ankle bitter and lots of yapping! lol. She is however one of the smartest, loving and gentle dogs that I have given a home to.

The picture is a older one, she's now turned much grayer just like her owner! :)

DSC03500.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

egilchrest

Equipment
Kubota L3901
Sep 16, 2021
Oxford, CT USA
Mitzi has been my constant companion for almost 14 years. She is with me at the office all day and on the weekends is out helping with all the projects. She is still going strong (most days), just a little bit slower.
Mitzi at work.JPG Mitzi sticking her tongue out.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Z121S Zero turn mower
May 18, 2014
Conway, Arkansas
My little mixed breed rescue pup turned 10 years old this month.
I have gravitated toward larger breeds all my life and was a bit hesitant about adopting a small dog a decade ago when Mya came home with me.
I envisioned a ankle bitter and lots of yapping! lol. She is however one of the smartest, loving and gentle dogs that I have given a home to.

The picture is a older one, she's now turned much grayer just like her owner! :)

View attachment 69796
Dachshunds are one of the most loving breeds of dogs out there.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Sadly, she lost her battle with cancer on Monday, but Shadow was a loyal member of our family and grew up alongside our youngest grandson.
Sorry for your loss Torch. Our children still fondly remember the dogs they grew up with.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Mitzi has been my constant companion for almost 14 years. She is with me at the office all day and on the weekends is out helping with all the projects. She is still going strong (most days), just a little bit slower.
View attachment 69965 View attachment 69966
Hello neighbor

Our dog Farfel looks a lot like Mitzi. I had our two at the vet this week and realized that Daisy is just about 10 now and Farfel is 9 - time flies, I thought they were 6 and 7.
Farfel and Mitzi look a lot like other dog pix posted here. Do yo know what breed(s) Mitzi is? We rescued Farfel from Houston and were told he is a yellow lab. I have my doubts tho. His ears seem way too floppy.

farfel_20211119_083605.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
Cape Breton Canada
Hello neighbor

Our dog Farfel looks a lot like Mitzi. I had our two at the vet this week and realized that Daisy is just about 10 now and Farfel is 9 - time flies, I thought they were 6 and 7.
Farfel and Mitzi look a lot lot other dog pix posted here. Do yo know what breed(s) Mitzi is? We rescued Farfel from Houston and were told he is a yellow lab. I have my doubts tho. His ears seem way too floppy.

View attachment 70127
Looks like a lab but doesn't really matter, beautiful dog.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Thanks bearbait :)
Farfel is a great dog. He is the only 'velcro' dog I ever had. We are attached. When I used to go to the office, pre-covid, he would wait by the door going into the garage for me to come home. I often wish he would be more independent. Just recently he and daisy have started going off in the woods themselves (fenced in).

In the pic I posted he is looking for chipmunk holes. We walk up the driveway to get the mail together. Because I don't leash him for this, I make him stop at the last turn and wait for me to come back. This is how he spends his time waiting.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Ollie has some health issues and is on a bunch of meds, but he’s holding strong.

Mom sometimes takes a picture after their mile walk. Was a 3 mile run for years, but he still loves it and his Mom….

C8FCD9A8-18A6-4FAA-B3CF-CE21F6D5653B.jpeg

• Haha

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Z121S Zero turn mower
May 18, 2014
Conway, Arkansas
Ollie has some health issues and is on a bunch of meds, but he’s holding strong.

Mom sometimes takes a picture after their mile walk. Was a 3 mile run for years, but he still loves it and his Mom….

View attachment 70143
Gypsy has been averaging 3 miles a day walking since we moved to the city. It's 1/4 of a mile down to the end of the sidewalk from our driveway.

She does a 1/2 mile before I leave for work, and 1/2 mile before my wife leaves for work. Then between 3 and 4 walks a night.

She's slimmed up some since the move. We were averaging about a 1 mile a day at the old house.

Since we don't have a fenced in yard any more, we have had to make some adjustments 😁😁😁

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
Cape Breton Canada
Thanks bearbait :)
Farfel is a great dog. He is the only 'velcro' dog I ever had. We are attached. When I used to go to the office, pre-covid, he would wait by the door going into the garage for me to come home. I often wish he would be more independent. Just recently he and daisy have started going off in the woods themselves (fenced in).

In the pic I posted he is looking for chipmunk holes. We walk up the driveway to get the mail together. Because I don't leash him for this, I make him stop at the last turn and wait for me to come back. This is how he spends his time waiting.
It's only been the last year or so that I can let my 15 year old beagle walk with us without a leash and for the most part he does real good but if not he has slowed down enough that I can catch him now.