Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well we got us a little monster :rolleyes: she's been seeing the boys get up on the furniture. She's seemed to claim my chair. She's started going over and pawing at the chair and crying. So for giggles I put her up there to see what she would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well Daren, that little critter is teaching you who the pack leader is!!!
She's doing really good. With two other dogs getting on the furniture, she's bound to learn. Got her on a schedule for her food, and figured out the proper amounts for her. No more late night howling sessions by the pantry demanding food :eek: Now if we can just break her of that biting. She pierced my ear the other night. Was laying on the floor with her, getting puppy kisses and she latched on to my ear and gave it a shake. And the bloody pouncing on bare feet. We've been working with her a lot on that biting. Having manners when we go to feed her. Sitting while I put her food down, that sort of thing. She's a fast learner at least.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I know your pain, Wolfman. I was mowing the big field today and at the upper end is where my best friends are buried,, Mandy, black lab, Bear, black chow, Starr, yellow lab, and Lucy, black lab. It just hurts that they are gone.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Bob was back in the sink. He's weird. He was in there over 5 hours.
He's a lot bigger this time around then when you posted the first pic of him. He's such a good cat :D And brandy is just the sweetest :D

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah Fur Face likes to lay in her basket ,,, she was a tiny little kitten she would lay in it and fit nice and now she lays/sleeps in it hangs out over both ends,,,, silly cat:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We got the little beasty tamed. Caught her taking a power nap. She will be full of it in another hour or so.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
RCW, the cat Bob got his name because he has a bobbed tail.

Someone dumped him at the farm when he was a few weeks old. Brought him home, took him to the vet to get made to a steer! Vet said he is a "ragdoll" cat. Did not know there was such a breed until then.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Baby Daughter was involved in this when she was going to collage at Lake Erie collage. I sat in on one session,, some of these kids came in, and forgive me for saying it, but seemed to be just lumps of flesh in a wheel chair. But once on the horse, good Lord, the lights came on in their eyes and for a very short time they were something beautiful and full of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WIsmP2ojli0#t=261

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Skeets, Ray, I love those organizations :D and how they help folks. My wife has taken or weiney dog into work on a couple occasions. He's a kissy monster and the folks at the nursing home love him :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well, we were a little nervous about zeus excepting gypsy. It's been kind of touch and go with him being used to being the baby. There's been quite a bit of growling. I think they finally came to terms today :D

KRT

Jun 25, 2015
Ohio
Here is a picture of our 5 Basset Hounds. We adopted 3 of them through the Ohio Basset Rescue organization. We are lucky they allow us to share their home with them!

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You have a good looking family.
Thanks, :D my wife has successfully replaced all three kids with dogs. Complete in order with the first two being boys, and the youngest is a girl :rolleyes: Scary part is they all seem to mimick our kids personalities as well. With the oldest being a care giver and mentor, and the youngest being a little she devil :eek::p:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Here is a picture of our 5 Basset Hounds. We adopted 3 of them through the Ohio Basset Rescue organization. We are lucky they allow us to share their home with them!
Good on you, I wish more people would do that.

KRT

Jun 25, 2015
Ohio
Thanks bearbait.

Lot's of unknown challenges when adopting and especially when trying to introduce into an established 'pack'. We have had to make many adjustments to eating and sleeping routines but the rewards far outweigh the challenges.