Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
As oldthumpa said.
Beautiful pet, i hope its a quick recovery.

Put new old good used tractor cab doghouse in Fury's run. She went right in and jumped up on bench. Hope she makes good use of it. Otherwise its goong on my old clunker cockshutt

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
sheepfarmer,
Tick paralysis was the second thing that we checked on, it wasn't the cause in this case.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Darn, that's less awful than the other things you mentioned. Hoping still she comes around soon without surgery. Fingers crossed.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's little miss Gypsy :D 2lbs of hell on wheels :rolleyes: She's gonna be the queen bee and already giving the boys hell :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We were wondering how the boys were gonna be with her. But Zeus is actually guarding her and won't let jack near her.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
That is so funny. Pets end up doing the opposite of what you'd expect.

When we got our female mutt ( black and white rescue), our 1 year-old male (rescue) was all rough and tumble with her. By the time she got to six months old, she was standing up for herself and giving it back at times. Now, at 3, she is taller, stronger, and way faster than he is. He will still play with her, growling and biting on her legs. Usually, she just lays down letting him bite her leg (playing) growling, sometimes spinning her around like a pro wrestler move. Big tough guy. RIGHT. She absolutely loves her big brother.

But, when she wants to show him who is boss, she can. She is the ALPHA. Often, when we come home from walks, she will run into the driveway ahead of him and turn around with this goofy smile. She becomes a football player on the line of scrimmage and she will not let him past. They will growl and bare teeth as she chest butts him back on his butt, but he can't get past her, -unless she lets him. Sometimes he will head-fake her like he isn't interested and then he runs as fast as he can, but she catches him -if she wants to.

They are best buds for life.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
We have been going down to the hospital every day to spend as much time with Vixen as we can (Weekends have limited visiting hours as it is a college), we take her food and feed her, Subway ham and cheese foot long on 9 grain wheat, and then today 4 cheese burgers, Yes she has always eaten people food so her system likes it. ;)

She's almost completely paralyzed from the neck down, it's scary, but all her doctors think she will make a full and quick recovery.

Tomorrow (4am as it is 3 1/2 hours away) we are headed down and will spend the next 2 days down there, her MRI is tomorrow and the surgery the next day will take all day, they think she will be able to come home Wednesday or Thursday.

Thank you to all that have given their prayers and support to her and us!

Here she is getting some quality time with mom and her favorite surface... grass today!

Attachments

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wolfman, thanks for the update. And very glad to hear that they are optimistic. I know how we feel when one of ours is hurting or sick. I couldn't imagine what you and your wife are going through right now. Vixen seems like a wonderful companion. We have our fingers crossed and hoping all goes well with surgery.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Walked in the house tonight and thought I was seeing double :eek:

daughter came by earlier before she left for work to feed and check on gypsy. Her husband wasn't feeling well, so she left Lennon at our house for a play date. And will pick him up after work.

Jacks upset that there is another baby at the house. Had to put the puppy's out in the sunroom and love on jack to get him to take his treat.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Here she is getting some quality time with mom and her favorite surface... grass today!...
VIXEN!!! HOW CAN YOU DARE LAUGH AT A TIME LIKE THIS!!!

It just melts the heart (let's not mention what it does to the eyes!) to see that look in the midst of all her difficulties. Any yall's courage is commendable, though you prolly can't see any other way to be.

Thank you for keeping us informed!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is very hard to write.

Vixen passed away yesterday afternoon.

We are completely devastated by her passing.

She had very aggressive spinal cancer and hid it from us right to the end, the toughest and bravest girl I've ever know!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
NIW, I am beyond sorry and crying too. Been worrying all day, as I know what it is like to sit outside the clinic doors, and then have to make that decision.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
So sorry for your loss Wolf, I know the pain you and your wife are going through.

mudog88

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1982 B7100HST-DT, RC60-71H MMM, 5ft. back blade
Aug 11, 2015
Pine Village, Indiana
NIW,
That's a rough spot to be in. The memories of our pets still hang around though. As I read your last post, I was reminded of the Black Lab, Belle, I had growing up. Belle pushed so very hard until the very end. She simply refused to give up. A very difficult decision had to be made, since her joints weren't working, always needed help getting up, and laying down. If she wanted to lay down and nobody was around to help her, she would just topple over. In spite of that hard decision, I can still see her running after squirrels and digging up moles with that goofy, dirt covered grin on her face. My thoughts and prayers are with you in finding peace through this time.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sean, I'm very sorry for your loss, I wish there was something I could say to ease the pain. I have been there, so in some small way I know what you're going through: we lost our shepherd/husky to the same disease. Again, I'm sorry. I can't write anymore.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
So sorry for your loss NIWolfman... I understand the pain, lost a few myself over the years.

Only thing for it, at least to me, is to remember all the good times, love and play for all the years you knew 'em. I'm tearing all up just remembering that with the ones gone now.

I hate to hear it, but she'll be waitin' for ya on the other side and that's something to look forward to.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im sorry my friend, I know there is a spot in your heart that will never be filled, even with a new pup. They say a man is entitled to one good dog and one good woman in his life,,,,,,,, I got lucky I had several good dogs, I'm still waiting for the second part to come along

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
So sad indeed.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of her with all of us. She was a beauty.

Ray

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sorry for your loss Wolfman :( That's so sad and such a tough call