Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sometimes after a hard play session Bella gets so tired she just stops wherever she is & takes a nap.

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Gosh that hound looks like mine,,,, she would ride in or on anything if it moved, that little beagle has saved me from more than one interaction with the fish cops, she loved the boat, open the truck door and she was in, and fire up the tractor she was climbing on the floor boards or in the trailer,,
I sure do miss that old gal some days

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Gosh that hound looks like mine,,,, she would ride in or on anything if it moved, that little beagle has saved me from more than one interaction with the fish cops, she loved the boat, open the truck door and she was in, and fire up the tractor she was climbing on the floor boards or in the trailer,,
I sure do miss that old gal some days
He just wants to be where I am and game for anything.

I no longer have my old buddy but he will never be forgotten. Best dog I've ever hunted with.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
And one for my friends to the south. Not a dog but close...they follow me around when I'm fishing out front waiting for a feed of fish.

mport

Equipment
2013 B3200 backhoe
May 9, 2014
ST. Clairsville OH
Good call on the rops lowered to clear my garage door. 3inches to tall for my doorway. It's only a matter of time before I forget to put it back down before I put it away.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Awesome pic of the eagle BearBait, and I'm a sucker for a beagle. Had one myself, hell of a rabbit dog. When she was running she wouldn't venture off too far and always double back to know where I was at.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Good call on the rops lowered to clear my garage door. 3inches to tall for my doorway. It's only a matter of time before I forget to put it back down before I put it away.
Just noticed because my garage got hit once before I learned

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I sit here reading about your pets while my13 year old black lab lies beside me with her head under my chair. White faced , 80 percent deaf with cancer tumors on her feet , side and rectum. Today could be her last day, but if not, she'll get up in a little while, lay her head on my leg and look up at me. " I need to go pee". We will go outside, have to help her off the porch, legs don't work real good either, she'll pee, then head for the dogwood trail that I cut thru the woods for us to walk. She will sniff at everything and constantly look back to make sure I'm still with her, chew on some grass and maybe take a dump. Then it's back to this house for a cookie and another nap. Tonight while watching tv, she'll lay at my feet on a rug that's on a rug and hope I eat some icecream or popcorn. At 10 pm, it's outside for 1 more pee before the big nap. If I'm lucky, she'll sleep till 7 am but sometimes as early as 5. It's up and outside again, make a cup of coffee then out to the front porch with her at my feet to watch the sun rise and the birds sing. Thanks God, for letting me rescue her from the pound.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey everyone there is this really cool contest that will raise money for shelters with no cost to you.

All you have to do is go vote for your favorite pups.
If you all would go vote for these two, and you can vote for up to 10 every day while the contest runs.

https://www.myrescue.dog/stevie-ray-lightning-mcqueen
https://www.myrescue.dog/vixen-1

Our pick is for Heaths havens, it's a special needs dog rescue, that is where Stevie came from, we also volunteer construction work and repairs for them.
http://www.heathshavenrescue.com/

Thank you
North Idaho Wolfman, Stevie, and Vixen

jfnewell1965

Equipment
B6200D
Aug 19, 2014
Katy, TX
www.jfnewell.com
My dogs....both rescues from Harris County in Texas.

October was two-fer month, so we got them both for $50.

Jerry is the Miniature Dachshund, and Jasper is the Great Dane.

They are both pretty good dogs, but I think the Dane is a little emotionally stunted. The third picture is my attempt to show his range of emotions.

The Dachshund is right at home. The Dane is doing better after almost a year; he will play now for about a minute before he catches himself having fun and lays down, and occasionally he will wag his tail briefly when you get home.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
-Wil Rogers

KRT

Jun 25, 2015
Ohio
5 Basset Hounds, all female. :eek:

Bailey, Malley, Brandy, Priscilla, and Chloe.

We had 2 from a breeder until my wife discovered Ohio Basset Rescue...The 3 youngest are rescues and all live a spoiled life in our house (they also have their own bedroom). Our oldest, Bailey, has been diagnosed with cancer at 12 years old but is still going strong. Our second oldest, Malley, had glaucoma in one eye and had to be removed, she has not missed a beat.

Second picture is Bailey eating chicken and carrots.

They can take over your life.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
I think most rescue animals know they have been rescued.

Both my rescue dogs are from Yuma.

The Yuma pound has a 95% kill rate. An angel from Phoenix and her daughter head down to Yuma and load up their mini-van with as many dogs as will fit and bring them home to Phoenix for adoption days at PetSmart. Rudy, our terrier, was the last of his litter to be adopted and had spent several weekends in a crate in PetSmart. My wife found him after looking for weeks -on a July day when it was 110+ outside.

My wife found his pick-up location on the animal control documents he came with. She Googled the address and the image dropped down to reveal an intersection of two dirt roads with a distant shack house, also with a dirt driveway. Rudy's future was bleak, to say the least. The next dog we adopted seven months later came from Yuma and had a similar future ahead of her -until the Angel changed all that.

Even my cats were rescued as feral kittens from the same litter. They spent their early days in foster homes with rescue puppies. When we brought them home, they were more excited to see our dog than us. They are 8 now and love having dogs in their lives. Around 4pm, my wife is on the bed watching Judge Judy, surrounded by two medium-sized dogs with two cats tucked in between. There is no room for me on the King sized bed, unless I wiggle my way in.

Just the way it ought to be...

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
ipz2222, if we've had a pet for a while we all end up in that position, as uncomfortable as it is. We have to count our blessings every day.

A pet is God's gift to you. How you treat the pet is your gift to God. Be blessed.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
This little fella is now three days old. I discover him when going to work on a well pump. Mom is a newbe! Not exactly sure of the process.

It never ceases to amaze me how an animal knows which critter in a group is it's mother, and how does it know where to get nourishment. And how does it start to get the milk to began flowing? They sure can't tell by color matching!

And if man came from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
there was an old guy when I was a pup, all he ever hunted with was basset hounds. Then one day when I was full of piss and vinegar and had my own beagles, I asked why in the world would anyone want to hunt with such a dog,, He smiled and said boy those dogs are like me, short ,fat and slow Now , Im old and I can understand his logic