Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
My poor dog is so confused. We spent weekend tearing kitchen out and stripping right to the studs. Totally lost, lost her bed, bowls got moved and we had to lock her in bedroom every time we carried in a sheet of drywall. She is lacking attention and has nowhere to park.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Caught jack smiling the other night :D

Then we got a sacked out Zeus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
And someone likes to help fold laundry :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We got this guy for the next month :eek: His names roscoe. And belongs to our son. Sons out of town for the next month for generator school.

He's good for wearing out gypsy, but our sons gotta replace a couple dog beds that he's eaten so far :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The right pillow makes all the difference!!!!! :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Not sure who is getting the better of who :D

But dogs and crawfish are always entertaining :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Woke up to a dog/ momma pile this morning :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Somebody decided I needed a face washing while I was tightening up some table legs :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Darren is that beast a auzzie blue heeler?
Yes, she's at least part blue healer. She was a rescue, so not sure if she's full blooded or not. She's an absolute sweetheart though. She's my son's dog. Was over for a crayfish boil when that one started getting the best of her :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well our little dachshund has given us quite a scare. He took off across the yard and let out a yelp today, and started dragging his hind legs. Took him to the vets, and he has a bulged disc in his back :( They got him on pain pills, a steroid, and muscle relaxer.

Poor little guy is pretty much paralyzed in his hind end. Still has feeling back there, but can't move his back legs :(

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
Wife has 30 years of animal care, most recent was 20 years at our Vet Teaching Hospital. We were discussing this Dachshund issue last night. (Friend has one). She motioned this is very common in breed. Sometimes will self resolve with meds you indicate and often requires surgery which is usually successful. Hope your little one is the former.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wife has 30 years of animal care, most recent was 20 years at our Vet Teaching Hospital. We were discussing this Dachshund issue last night. (Friend has one). She motioned this is very common in breed. Sometimes will self resolve with meds you indicate and often requires surgery which is usually successful. Hope your little one is the former.

Thanks buddy. Part that sucks is I had to go out of town for work, so my wife's stuck dealing with him by herself.

She just got back from the vets. His disc did rupture :( He's paralyzed in his back end.

He's gonna be on water therapy for the next few days, plus his meds. Vets gonna try laser therapy on him Friday and Saturday. Plus get him some wheels. After all that, if he doesn't pull through. We're not sure what we are gonna do :(

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Daren -

So sorry to hear.

Best wishes.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Daren,
I know what your dealing with, I help with a handicap dog rescue and see dog like that all the time!
It's not a death sentence!
I have seen many go on to recovery and other that didn't recover but have gone on to lead happy healthy lives!
Check them out.
http://www.heathshavenrescue.com/
I've spent many an hour working over there and you wouldn't believe how happy they all are!
Our blind boy Stevie is from there!
Also if you need help send me a message.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thanks for the well wishes guys, My wife and I are having a rough time with it :(

Wolfman, thanks for the link and words of encouragement :D Putting him down wasn't an option. We were worried that he was making the decision for us though. He hadn't ate or drank anything as of this morning when my wife left for work. And she had tried everything she could think of and then some to try and get him too.

Neighbor stopped by and check on him at lunch time, and he had drank most of his water :D Then after my wife gave him his water therapy tonight, she sat down with him in her lap and spoon fed him a few bites of can dog food. He fell asleep in between spoon fulls. Then after about the third spoon, he pushed the spoon a side and wolfed it down :D Then had some cuddle time with momma. Bit the living shyte out of her when she tried to put him back in the kennel :( He sure hates the kennel though, and gave her the stink eye after.

But, doctors orders, he's on very limited movement for two weeks. He seemed to get in a better mood after I had a face time call with him :) It really sucked having to leave for Texas Monday for work and leaving my wife to handle it all. She's probably cried more the past couple days, then she has in years.

Our vet raises dachshunds so Zeus is in very capable hands :D The vets been wonderful, throwing in some of the laser treatments for free. And didn't charge us for half of what he could have when Beth took him in Monday for a second opinion. They had called me as soon as they opened to check on zeus monday when they saw the paperwork from the after hours clinic in little rock sunday. Plus the vet gave my wife his personal cell number so if something happens, we don't have to take him back to the after hours clinic. Just call and he will swing by the house. He actually only lives a 1/4 mile away :)

Now the after hours clinic was a nightmare. All they were concerned about was securing payment :mad: That vet about got his butt beat over how he was talking to us :mad:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wish you well with the old boy, I know how helpless you can feel.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Got my fingers crossed Daren, it is a rough row to hoe for both of you.

Those dachsies are tough little critters though, survivors. One night in the middle of blowing snow and subzero weather I had to get up at 2 am and put one of my big furry Belgians out for a potty break, and when I opened the door to let her back instead walked in a little naked dachshund! Boy was I surprised! The only way he could have gotten into the back yard was through the field fence in the back pasture so he must have found his way up to the house through the snow. No idea where he came from, but did find him a good home.