Auxiliary Rear Hydraulics

chasdg

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Front Loader, Grader Blade, Woods BH 90-X Backhoe, Wood Splitter, Flail Mower
Jul 30, 2016
Chilmark, Ma.
I have on my Kubota rear hydraulics which is used for the Woods backhoe mostly but also for a wood splitter. A problem I have noticed when not in use there is what I would describe as a hydraulic hammer as you get in water pipes when you shut a valve too quickly and I believe it contributes to hoses not lasting too long. I know the open center valve when you disconnect the backhoe you need to route the hose back correctly or the front loader will not operate. So what causes that shock and is there a way to stop it?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have on my Kubota rear hydraulics which is used for the Woods backhoe mostly but also for a wood splitter. A problem I have noticed when not in use there is what I would describe as a hydraulic hammer as you get in water pipes when you shut a valve too quickly and I believe it contributes to hoses not lasting too long. I know the open center valve when you disconnect the backhoe you need to route the hose back correctly or the front loader will not operate. So what causes that shock and is there a way to stop it?
Are you doing this backhoe removal hose change with the machine running?

Dave

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
You can reduce shock adding an accumulator. I don't see the kind of problems you are describing.

Did you crank up the system pressure to give you more lift? Get a pressure gauge and test your system against spec.

chasdg

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Front Loader, Grader Blade, Woods BH 90-X Backhoe, Wood Splitter, Flail Mower
Jul 30, 2016
Chilmark, Ma.
Are you doing this backhoe removal hose change with the machine running?

Dave
I definitely would not want to try that but thanks I believe I have solved the problem, chasdg
You can reduce shock adding an accumulator. I don't see the kind of problems you are describing.

Did you crank up the system pressure to give you more lift? Get a pressure gauge and test your system against spec.
I will check the pressure but I believe most of the problems are due to Mice the hose I took off had chew marks where it ruptured. To make matters worse I had the old hose in a plastic bag in my pickup to go to NAPA and the F)*&^%g mouse chewed the bag and let all the mess end up on the floor of my pickup.