Auto advance problem

painterman

Equipment
Kubota L5740
Aug 4, 2020
Ontario Canada
Kubota L 5740 . When I turn off the throttle advance I can not get the tractor to move using the manual lever. If I put the cruse control in full open position the manual lever will work. Help ! Thanks in advance.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Kubota L 5740 . When I turn off the throttle advance I can not get the tractor to move using the manual lever. If I put the cruse control in full open position the manual lever will work. Help ! Thanks in advance.

Did you get an owners manual? Read it! If not buy one! You need to sit down and read the manual be for you hurt yourself or others. Or damage your tractor.

People on here will help but but you must explain the problem better so they know how to help.

painterman

Equipment
Kubota L5740
Aug 4, 2020
Ontario Canada
Well I am sorry I did not explain myself well enough. No I do not have a owners manual. I'll try again. I have operated the tractor with the throttle advance on using the floor control to move the tractor. I switch to turning off the throttle advance when I pull heavy loads and use the lever on the column to control the speed. This has work just fine. At this point with the throttle advance off the column control lever just brings up the engine rpm and the tractor will not move forward.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Okay. You have 2 ways of moving the tractor--throttle advance not one of them. 1) The foot pedal. Push, go, easy. 2) the manual lever or as I call it the cruise control. Using those terms please explain the problem.

Because as I read above you do not have a problem as the tractor should NOT move by simply adding throttle, without adding the manual lever or using the foot pedal.

Also, the "lever on the column" IS the throttle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

painterman

Equipment
Kubota L5740
Aug 4, 2020
Ontario Canada
Ok Pilot error : I consulted with a friend and he set me straight. I was temporarily out of my mine. Thanks to all that replied and your patient answer. I will try to do better next time.

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
You really should get an operators manual so you can be absolutely certain that you know what all the different controls do for your own safety.

Reactions: 1 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Here is a link to the operator manual for your tractor. It is a 3.2 mb PDF that you can download.

file:///C:/Users/JOE&GL~1/AppData/Local/Temp/L3240%20-%20L5740%20Operator%20Manual.pdf

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Hi Joe, you uploaded a dead link!
I apologize for that. Here is a link to the site that has tractor manuals. Do a search for your L5740 and download the .pdf directly to your computer. I tried to send you a link to just that manual but I was not able to do that. I am not able to attach the file to this thread either so here is the correct link to all the tractor manuals.