Apache Chipper trying to use.

BCRWL

Equipment
B7100 with D-19 FE Loader / year 1978ish
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca
Alright finally freed the pto shaft and get to run this Super Apache 3 point chipper. Hook it up to Kubota B7100 and can’t keep the breakaway bolt from snapping on the pto shaft. How do you operate this thing. Is there a owners manual available? I can turn by hand the machine counter clockwise freely. When turned clockwise I can’t budge it.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
That model looks a wee too big for a 13 HP pto = but according to specs it should turn it.

When you engage - do you ease off the clutch?

DOES it even spin?

What RPM is the tractor running when you engage the PTO?

BCRWL

Equipment
B7100 with D-19 FE Loader / year 1978ish
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca
That model looks a wee too big for a 13 HP pto = but according to specs it should turn it.

When you engage - do you ease off the clutch?

DOES it even spin?

What RPM is the tractor running when you engage the PTO?
I got it figured out. The break operates off a pull bar, spring and a belt on the pulley. The spring was not doing its job in holding a bar in far enough to disengage the brake belt.
runs great now

t.fitzgeraldyoung

Equipment
Kubota L3710
Aug 6, 2022
Honor, Michigan
I have an Super Apache on my L3710 and it works very well. I'm wondering if any of you have any experience doing routine maintenance. There doesn't seem to be any zirk grease points, bearings seem to be sealed and I don't have a manual. Other than sharpening the blades, any suggestions from anyone?