Anything wrong with this tank return setup? Pics included

mculik5

Equipment
B2650 TLB
Sep 22, 2020
NJ
I have a B2650. I'm adding a monoblock valve that requires a tank return. New to hydraulics.

As I understand it, the tractor has two tank returns - one from the 3PT and one from the loader valve.

My plan is to add a manifold to the loader valve return and then plumb the loader valve and new valve T ports to the manifold. In addition, the manifold will provide extra return ports for future valve additions, like rear remotes.

I've included some pics of the proposed setup. It mounts using an existing hole, and the seat (in both positions) and control levers (for 4WD and 3PT lift) clear it, no problem.

My concern is plumbing the loader valve and new valve T ports to the manifold ABOVE the tank return. The factory setup uses a small length of hose from the loader valve DOWN to the tank return.

My understanding is that tank return lines run in the neighborhood of 50PSI, so I'm thinking that's still enough pressure to easily overcome the lift to the manifold, but since I'm new to this, I want to be certain before I start cutting stuff.

Would appreciate any other feedback, too.

Thanks!

IMG_7089.jpg

IMG_7088.jpg

IMG_7090.jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I would say you are over thinking the situation. Its unlikely you are going to need that many return ports. I'd also suggest you ditch the push-lok hose ASAP and use real hydraulic hose for all connections.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users