Anybody know whats needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
To get back into the USA,, The kid is going to a wedding, or suppose to go to a wedding in Canada. We know what they need to get into Canada,, but can find nothing about what is needed to come home. The State Dept, CBP sites are less than helpful to say the least, and I have been onthe phone for an hour waiting for somebody to pick up. Any one have any ideas, I even contacted AAA , and they have no clue either. Has anyone crossed back and forth ?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
COVID-19 Information - Canada | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Canada (usembassy.gov)

Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States | CDC

Does this Order apply to land border crossings?
No, the requirements of this Order only apply to air travel into the US.

Do I need to get a test before leaving the US?
At this time, CDC does not have a testing requirement for outbound travelers, but recommends that you get tested with a viral test (NAAT or antigen) 1-3 days before you travel internationally. Travelers should check with international destinations for their entry requirements.

COVID-19 in Canada - COVID-19 High - Level 3: COVID-19 High - Travel Health Notices | Travelers' Health | CDC
Travel Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated Travelers

If you are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized by emergency use by the World Health Organization:

• You do NOT have to get tested before leaving the United States, unless your destination requires it.
  • You do NOT have to self-quarantine after you arrive in the United States.
Before travel:
  • Make sure you understand and follow all airline and destination requirements related to travel, testing, masking, or quarantine, which may differ from U.S. requirements. If you do not follow your destination’s requirements, you may be denied entry and may be required to return to the United States.
During travel:
  • Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. Travelers are not required to wear a mask in outdoor areas of a conveyance (like on open deck areas of a ferry or the uncovered top deck of a bus).
  • Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in Canada, including mask wearing and social distancing.
After Travel
  • You should get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel
  • Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
  • Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements.
Do NOT travel if were exposed to COVID-19, you are sick, you test positive for COVID-19, or you are waiting for results of a COVID-19 test. Learn when it is safe for you to travel. Don’t travel with someone who is sick.

Travel Recommendations for Unvaccinated Travelers

If you are not fully vaccinated and must travel, take the following steps:

Before travel:
  • Get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip.
During travel:
  • Wearing a mask over your nose and mouth is required on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States and while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. Travelers are not required to wear a mask in outdoor areas of a conveyance (like on open deck areas of a ferry or the uncovered top deck of a bus). CDC recommends that travelers who are not fully vaccinated continue to wear a mask and maintain physical distance when traveling.
  • Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who did not travel with you. It's important to do this everywhere—both indoors and outdoors.
  • Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
Here's the official video of Canada's Covid Defence Policy

I don't understand why we are still in lock down and have our freedoms restricted when the government leaves the boarder wide open and lets every Tom, Dick and Covid Harry come and go as they please. We wouldn't have these variants right now if they kept the boarder closed like it was supposed to be.

If we can't have our freedom back because less than 20% of our population is an anti-vaxer refusing to embrace medical science, then my advice is to stay at home Skeets, take no offence please.

I wish our government would just say to the anti-vaxers "Great, you have made your decision to reject medical science. You have made the choice to forfeit access to our shared medical system if you get sick with covid. You also acknowledge that if you test positive for covid, we will quarantine you in your own home with your immediate family." This would end the burden on our medical system caring for the deniers.

Then we could open things up again. We should save the covid passports for the foreigners and for our Canadians returning from their "essential travels".
LOL!

It’s not about health.

OTOH-if you:

Smoke
Drink alcohol
Are overweight
Eat too much fatty food
Eat too much sugar
Drive a motorcycle
Operate heavy machinery
Skydive
Race cars on a track
Work on a farm
Serve in the military
Just get old

All those thing are more risky than CoViD. Perhaps you should deny all thase people medical service too.

Your oppressor isn’t the unvaxxed, it’s the government. Blame them.

Reactions: 1 users

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
At this point I don't care if you get the jab or not. It's your choice. There's enough vaccine to go around now that there's no excuse not to get vaxed, it's down to personal opinion and choice.

The chicken little's are running around shouting the sky is falling! Trying to get everyone to conform just won't happen.

The whole point of the lockdowns is that there aren't enough bed spaces to treat everyone who gets sick. Right now the vast majority of hospitals beds and ventilators here are occupied by the un-vaxed.

I know someone who was recently diagnosed with a heart problem and needs to get heart surgery. Surgery is on hold because no ventilators are available. WTF? I say the anti-vaxers taking up bed space should have their ventilators unplugged and given to someone who deserves the bed space.

It's time to open things up again. We need to stop bailing out the deniers.
I’m sure it’s all the unvaxxed, and not an irresponsible misallocation of resources. We’ve got plenty of available beds in the US-precisely because we don’t have a “shared” medical system.

Canada, much like the UK is chronically short on medical resources. Let’s not act like this is a 2020 problem.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
We can save a ton in medical care cost if we just start not treating all the people that make poor choices in their lives.

PS-yes, I'm vaccinated, no my wife is not because of medical condition and the doctors don't want her to get the vaccine until further data is out there to see how it responds with her medical condition.
Well said. Like you, I'm vaccinated, but in no way advocate not treating those who are not.

She and other medical staff will soon lose their jobs because they will not take the poison shot.
Poison...Really? I'm not for this stance by any employer. However, employers have the right to set the rules--good or bad, smart or stupid. Employees have the right to take the shot and stay, or not take it and be fired, it is really simple. I hate it for your wife and hope she finds a place that doesn't have such a hard-line stance.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wow, this thread took a radical left, right, u-turn, & round-a-bout from the original subject. :)

• Haha

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
See my Reply #10 above where I quoted Mr. K. regarding the "other" thread that he locked. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.