Anybody had this trouble?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I’ve tried 3 dealers now trying to get a quote on a bx23s emailed to me,one is the closest dealer to me,in the same city I work in but not many good things said about buying something there,other two are about an hour to hour and half away,I’ve sent the online requests thru their websites,have called and told them I sent the request and asked them to send me the quote and given them my info again,I just don’t have the time during their business hours to deal with them face to face,what do I need to do to get somebody to sell a tractor lol

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Where at?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Central Louisiana,and one in Mississippi that ain’t far from me,see your in Houston,sealy tractor has come up in my searches too,little farther then I want to go but hell if they can give me a price at least be more then I got here

RacerX

Equipment
Kubota M-1068 Backhoe
Jul 25, 2018
Houston, Tx
There's Wcctractor in Brenham. Good folks.
Been around a good while. I haven't bought from them, just parts dept for my backhoe. Always been responsive and helpful.

Maybe worth a shot.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
E-mail "quotes" are so impersonal.

If you get a "quote" you will still visit the dealer to "haggle". The sales personel know this.

They get many requests each day and only sell tractors to REAL PEOPLE with money.

Show up! Be a REAL PERSON! not just some dark hole on the internet!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
There's Wcctractor in Brenham. Good folks.
Been around a good while. I haven't bought from them, just parts dept for my backhoe. Always been responsive and helpful.

Maybe worth a shot.

Appreciate the feedback,10 hr round trip isn’t what I was hoping for,I work in the dealership world,cars and trucks,not tractors,just can’t believe how hard it is to get a price,I know it be easier if I could go in there and deal with them but I’m so busy during the day I can’t get out for an hour or two to deal with even the local one

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

If you get a "quote" you will still visit the dealer to "haggle". The sales personel know this.

They get many requests each day and only sell tractors to REAL PEOPLE with money.

I get your point,I’ve done the email thing and have talked to them on the phone,I don’t have the time to spend during the day trying to get a quote,I know I should but it just doesn’t work out,and the dealers aren’t open on the weekends,I need them to give me something at least to make it worth taking off work to haggle

JPB7745

Equipment
L2501, B8200 and Ford 3000
Aug 27, 2018
Okatie, SC
Just thinking if you went and got pre-approved through Kubota Finance and could provide that documentation to the dealer , maybe they would take you more seriously. I called around to 3 dealers and told them I was shopping all 3 and would go where I got the best price and best customer service. I'm sure they would rather have a face to face but sales people use the inter-web every day.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
commision.... is the conflict.... who gets the commision for the sale when it was done or iniciated online? The sales person doing most the leg work via email doesn't get squat in commision from the sale so why should they help..

there is ways to make it work by the dealer....... dealer is just behind the times in putting those ways into action.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
commision.... is the conflict.... who gets the commision for the sale when it was done or iniciated online? The sales person doing most the leg work via email doesn't get squat in commision from the sale so why should they help..

there is ways to make it work by the dealer....... dealer is just behind the times in putting those ways into action.
Guess I’m just looking at it from the car dealership side,we have a dedicated department for internet sales,guessing most tractor dealers probably don’t deal with it enough to have a dedicated department,but being that they aren’t close enough to be convenient to take time out of the work day to deal with it,multiple days at that thru the whole sale process it just kind of sucks

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Just let them know that you are ready to pull the trigger and will do so within a week. Letting them know about which specific options you want (with model numbers helps).

pm sent as well.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I’m only looking at the tractor itself,possibly a bush hog with it but not sure yet,could it be I’m not building a big enough package to make it worth it for them?i got the L with all the implement I need,just looking at the bx as a back hoe

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I’ve tried 3 dealers now trying to get a quote on a bx23s emailed to me,one is the closest dealer to me,in the same city I work in but not many good things said about buying something there,other two are about an hour to hour and half away,I’ve sent the online requests thru their websites,have called and told them I sent the request and asked them to send me the quote and given them my info again,I just don’t have the time during their business hours to deal with them face to face,what do I need to do to get somebody to sell a tractor lol
Many (most?) dealers do not want to send quotes via mail/email without an initial visit because they expect that the potential buyer will use it to haggle with a different dealer.

You might call and explain why you need an email quote.

SDT

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Well I finally got somewhere today,took a rare lunch break,had to go to the local kubota store to get some paint,(which I should have listened to y’all,2 spray cans of paint was $35),but caught a salesman that was with another customer,gave him my info again and had him call me,quoted me 19,800,plus tax and other stuff,didn’t have one in stock.then I called another dealer about an hour and a half away to see if they stocked one,not in stock but got a quote for 18,500 out the door,plus he will deliver it to me at work for free,which is about an hour from the dealer,so as long as my wife don’t kill me tonight I should be going there this weekend to fill out the paper work and put a deposit down so they can order it(and they ain’t open on saturdays but he’s going to meet me there to do it)

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
Going to my local dealer is about like going to a car dealership and asking the price of a new car and having the salesman say: It's on the window sticker.

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny

When dealing with buying a new vehicle at a franchise dealership I always recommend that the buyer deal with the online sales person at multiple dealers, and essentially pit then against each other. Then, when you’re satisfied, agree to the terms, print out the email and then walk in. Once you’re at a dealership they’ve “got you”. I don’t see why this wouldn’t apply to tractors as well.