Any LX2610 or B2650 owners?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia

Ok. If I can tap power only energized when the tractor is running, I'll skip the power switch. On vehicles, I can generally find a power source within a few minutes of poking around with a meter. Maybe even directly off the ignition switch. Your switch does look clean though.
Lol, mine was “meant” to be on the run side of switch... got distracted and prob had one too many, wired it to the hot side. Oops. Hasn’t had any problems with draw, so it will likely stay.

And if you tap the run side, and hit the button, without grapple hooked up, they will open/pressure hoses. Not that it matters in the long run, just a preference thing.

Last edited:

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I'm way late to the party but I did have some lurching issues with my LX2610. It's a bit unsettling when you are trying to connect something with a wall behind it and the machine suddenly lunges forward. In total its probably happened a dozen times or less in total. Just did my 50 hour service so I'm hoping that helps. Not a deal breaker for me but definitely something you think about in certain situations.

Reactions: 1 user

tsperry88

Apr 26, 2021
Virginia, USA
I'm way late to the party but I did have some lurching issues with my LX2610. It's a bit unsettling when you are trying to connect something with a wall behind it and the machine suddenly lunges forward. In total its probably happened a dozen times or less in total. Just did my 50 hour service so I'm hoping that helps. Not a deal breaker for me but definitely something you think about in certain situations.

I ended up buying one. Just rolled over 50 hours. I haven't noticed any major jerking issues. It can be slightly lurchy at low RPM. It hasn't caused me any issues. The loader sways some, which isnt confidence inspiring, but I have moved a few hundred yards of various materials, and done some grading, and it seem like a good overall machine. I bough an everything attachments 60" bucket with toothed cutting edge, and it really helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
The LX2610 I just traded off developed a lurch or jerk as it got colder. It was not too bad this summer but as the weather got cooler it got much worse. Last time I loaded pallets in my truck I almost hit the tailgate. Backing up and then trying to creep would almost always cause it.

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
130 hours on my SU. Think about what the upper ranges (M and H) are for. If you're having problems with the tractor 'lurching' you're probably in the wrong range for what you're trying to accomplish. VERY fine movements can be had in low range. A good friend (who is the guy that convinced me to get a Kubota), told me the meaning of the range designations. An old Kubota owner's interpretation is "Load", "Mow", and "Highway" for the range selector, not Low, Medium, and High. Anytime I'm using the loader, I put it in L. Simply for the pushing power as well as the ability to make fine movements without bumping anything. Same for connecting attachments on the 3PH. It's easier to make delicate adjustments with it in Low Range. If it isn't warm, yes, the oil is thicker and gives a little faster response, but keeping it in the right range is the way to avoid it. I have more issue with the sensitive joystick valve on the FEL, which of course is more sensitive when the machine cold because of the thicker oil. Once it's warm, I don't have much problem with 'feathering' the controls.

Reactions: 4 users

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
FWIW, 70+ hours since March 2021 - no lurching in any range. I will be loading large limbs, privet hedge, fencing wire and rotten logs for the second time into a 20 yard rental dumpster in a few days; I will be creeping up to the dumpster with my load held high every time like the first time in March.

The rental dumpster is cheap ($350 total including up to 6000 lbs. of material) and fast (versus a chipper). I should be done with rental dumpsters after one more; I have to get rid of a small dilapidated animal shelter with a tin roof.

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
Mine had the lurch in all three ranges, I have owned 6 Kubota Hst machine and the LX2610 is the only one that did this. Not all machines do it but its a real issue with some.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I’ve had a b2650 for about 4.5 yrs. no lurch ever. It’s a great machine. I do wish the parking brake had a flashing light or a horn to remind it is on. That’s about it. It’s a hydro…it doesn’t wine as loud as those that don’t like hydros. I normally wear earplugs anyway so I’ve never really noticed.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Is the B2650 and the LX2610 using the same HST? I thought it was just a re-labeled B2650?

If so there are a whole lot of 2650's out there.

I do not get "lurching" but I can cause it. In high range a quick poke on the pedal will give a lurch (not so much a lurch as a sputter). Forward or reverse. Easy pressure and it won't happen on mine. In low range it is dead on and medium I suppose I could create that condition but it just doesn't happen based on how I run it.

Reactions: 2 users