Any B26 owners out there?

Glowplug

Mar 11, 2020
Pennsylvania
20200724_184619.jpg

I have a 2008 Kubota B26 TLB. I'm changing my rear tires and after removing the left rear I notice where the axle passes through the frame it appears there should be four bolts through the frame and connecting to the axle housing. The right side has four bolts, but the left side has 2 bolts and 2 ( what appear to be pins). But that doesnt seem right. I'm guessing those "pins" are actually sheared off bolts. Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

I sprayed some penetrating oil and started trying to move the bottom one but then I thought I'd post here to be sure.

Thanks

CurtisC

Equipment
B26TLB
Sep 12, 2011
Elk Park, NC
View attachment 46437

I have a 2008 Kubota B26 TLB. I'm changing my rear tires and after removing the left rear I notice where the axle passes through the frame it appears there should be four bolts through the frame and connecting to the axle housing. The right side has four bolts, but the left side has 2 bolts and 2 ( what appear to be pins). But that doesnt seem right. I'm guessing those "pins" are actually sheared off bolts. Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

I sprayed some penetrating oil and started trying to move the bottom one but then I thought I'd post here to be sure.

Thanks
Should have 4 bolts there - went out this morning just to make sure mine (2009) was OK. Can't imagine scenario where someone shears heads off 2 out of 4 major fasteners and walks away?? My guess is either factory or last to work on the left axle case used bolts that were too long and when they bottomed out just jacked up the torque to seat them finally shearing the heads off - twice! Very strange....

Glowplug

Mar 11, 2020
Pennsylvania
Thank you both for taking the time to answer and confirm my suspicions. I have no idea how long they have been like that. I bought the machine in February 2020 and overall it's been working great but I guess I'll have to work on getting these fixed. Thanks again...

Glowplug

Mar 11, 2020
Pennsylvania
Quick update. I got both sheared off bolts replaced over the weekend. Took several tries of welding nuts to the studs and heating the housing with a torch.
20200830_131719.jpg

Reactions: 1 user