Another newbie from SW Ontario, Canada

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
About 6 months ago started researching small tractors....to help with my dead and dying ash trees as a result of the Emerald Ash Borer. Im tired, getting old, have taken down about 30 large ash trees with simple old fashioned tools and procedures and a atv. LOL. Hoping a tractor will give me a helping hand...help save my back.. with another 40 trees that need to be taken down.... I reside in Southern Ontario, Canada. I must say I watched many youtube videos in my months of researching... Tractor Time with Tim, GP Outdoors, My Cluttered Garage, Messicks to name a few of my favourites. I went tractor shopping....1025R and BX23S. In my area, Johnnies were quoted at $6000 more than the comparable Orange Kubbies!!!. I wasnt real impressed with the Green Salesman and the dealership was 30 minutes away. I was impressed with the Orange salesman, the dealership is 10 minutes away and I have done business with them before. So, I took the $6000 extra and moved up to a B2601 TLB orange Kubbie. Presently anxiously awaiting delivery with hopes these troubled times dont hold it up too much. R14 tires, 3rd function etc are all back ordered, but dealer is expecting basic tractor delivery sometime this month..hopefully. Future wish list includes a grapple for the front and wood chipper for the rear 3 pt hitch. If anyone knows how to sway to a wife into these purchases please let me know! :)

Reactions: 2 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome aboard!
Sounds like you did your research.(y)

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If anyone knows how to sway to a wife into these purchases please let me know! :)
Does she like jewelry or cars????? Or vacation spots??????

Whatever you do....... dont let her drive the new machine......... you will never get the keys back!!!!:LOL:

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Welcome to OTT from PEI.

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Actually anything with an engine she loves. Lol. Snowmobiles. Motorbikes. Atv and chainsaws. She loves the smell of 2 stroke exhaust too...lol.
She already told me she's going to use the backhoe and dig holes everywhere...just because she can...lol as long as the hole ain't for me 😦. We have lots of tree stumps she can whittle away at too!!

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Welcome aboard, hope your wait is short. Talking to my dealer here in eastern ontario, and he says things are very tight availability wise, for tractors and implements

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Welcome!!

Welcome aboard, hope your wait is short. Talking to my dealer here in eastern ontario, and he says things are very tight availability wise, for tractors and implements
yup! we probably use the same dealer, so much stuff is on back order, it’s crazy.

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
Actually anything with an engine she loves. Lol. Snowmobiles. Motorbikes. Atv and chainsaws. She loves the smell of 2 stroke exhaust too...lol.
She already told me she's going to use the backhoe and dig holes everywhere...just because she can...lol as long as the hole ain't for me 😦. We have lots of tree stumps she can whittle away at too!!
You're in deep trouble now.....:ROFLMAO:o_O

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Thanks everyone for the good comments. Dealer has the backhoe and loader in now....but nothing to attach it to yet😦. Hopefully tractor will be in soon.