Amazon delivery drivers........?

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
I'm starting to question what Amazon's true policies are with their delivery drivers and contracted drivers.

Besides never knowing what kind of vehicle or time of day they will be arriving to deliver a package, some of these people look very, well questionable or maybe I'm not using the correct terminology?

A couple weeks ago I'm down at my shop and look up to see this old dilapidated car drive up, a gal in the passengers side hops out in her pajamas, robe and slippers, hair a mess picking packages out of the back seat and leaving them at the door......

The other day a driver pulled up, started asking me questions in what I believe was Shona language,
had a baby in a car seat and looked very confused.

So was I.

:confused:

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Similar situation happened to me, old ragged car pulls up and I go to meet them assuming they were lost. Man gets out grabs package from back seat and says here you go Mr. Johnson. I was a little confused.

Talked to a buddy of mine few days later who works for FedEx and asked him what in the world was going on with their delivery guys?

He said not ours Amazon did not renew the contract with FedEx.

So we are stuck with this type of delivery I guess......

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Maybe that was the only vehicle that those delivery folks had and they are trying to better themselves. Some job is better than no job.

They contract to deliver same as Uber drivers contract to taxi. You never know what kind of vehicle they might show up in.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Maybe that was the only vehicle that those delivery folks had and they are trying to better themselves. Some job is better than no job.

They contract to deliver same as Uber drivers contract to taxi. You never know what kind of vehicle they might show up in.
Yep!

Can’t blame a person who is in the poverty-level for wanting to work, heh?
(Oh, I guess some folks distrust poor folks all the time. They’re no-good if they work... they’re no-good if they’re on public assistance. Its a sad affair what we’ve come to.).

Give ‘em a TIP! And a bottle of water.

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
Yep!

Can’t blame a person who is in the poverty-level for wanting to work, heh?
(Oh, I guess some folks distrust poor folks all the time. They’re no-good if they work... they’re no-good if they’re on public assistance. Its a sad affair what we’ve come to.).

Give ‘em a TIP! And a bottle of water.
But a passenger in a robe, slippers and hair a mess like they just woke up? WT#

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
But a passenger in a robe, slippers and hair a mess like they just woke up? WT#
Might use the vehicle as their hone too. Don't be so judgmental. That could very well be you of your situation was different. Be thankful it isn't.

I never fault anyone for trying to make it legally. Don't care what language they speak, what color their skin is or what the drive.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Had an "in-house" amazon delivery driver, drive across my grass lawn, over a septic field, and tank, directly up to the front door with his SUV to drop off a package. I sent a clip of the surveillance video footage to amazon along with a $500 bill for the subsequent inspection of my field and tank, they sent me a check a week later, no questions asked.

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
As some might think I'm judgmental by questioning my discern with to wearing robe, slippers and hair like they just got out of bed.
Hygiene could possibly be questioned coinciding with this as well.

I cannot imagine they are without regular clothes and access to soap/water and a hair brush if they had money for a car/insurance and fuel.

Also am I expected to answer questions by the Amazon driver in Shona language in order to receive my packages?

Would you accept this with your food server at a restaurant?

From what I'm hearing is very basic standards should be thrown out the door.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
As some might think I'm judgmental by questioning my discern with to wearing robe, slippers and hair like they just got out of bed.
Hygiene could possibly be questioned coinciding with this as well.

I cannot imagine they are without regular clothes and access to soap/water and a hair brush if they had money for a car/insurance and fuel.

Also am I expected to answer questions by the Amazon driver in Shona language in order to receive my packages?

Would you accept this with your food server at a restaurant?

From what I'm hearing is very basic standards should be thrown out the door.
They WEREN’T serving FOOD! :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t let my plumber serve me food either.

One of the things fortunate people have a hard time understanding is that truly homeless people aren’t necessarily unwilling to work... but they are disadvantaged from seeking work because they DON’T have access to soap and water, and showers and fresh clothes and it’s difficult to SEEK work when you can’t reliably keep an interview because you can’t communicate, get reliable transport, show up freshly bathed in crisply-creased trousers, etc.

You wanted your package delivered to your house.... you didn’t specify how the delivery person got there or what they wore. If you want a well-dressed person to hand you your merchandise...go to a retail outlet. IMO

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

One of the things fortunate people have a hard time understanding is that truly homeless people aren’t necessarily unwilling to work... but they are disadvantaged from seeking work because they DON’T have access to soap and water, and showers and fresh clothes and it’s difficult to SEEK work when you can’t reliably keep an interview because you can’t communicate, get reliable transport, show up freshly bathed in crisply-creased trousers, etc.

You wanted your package delivered to your house.... you didn’t specify how the delivery person got there or what they wore. If you want a well-dressed person to hand you your merchandise...go to a retail outlet. IMO
I have no reason to not acknowledge the homeless and their conditions. I call BS with the soap and water if they are employed.
They are serving the public with all types of merchandise. I'm sure they deliver to restaurants or alike as well.
Yes I would expect them to at least be dressed appropriately and with noticeable identification. I feel in this case the attire was out of complete laziness not due to the lack of resource. Even as such I feel it's Amazon's responsibility to equip adequately represent themselves professionally.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think what's happening is Amazon is doing the best that they can for everyone.
The amount of deliveries have gone through the roof (like 200% increase), and instead of telling people they can't get their orders, they are thinking outside the box.

I can agree that most would like to get their packages from a uniformed driver in a marked truck, but personally I'm just happy to get any delivery!
The delivery drivers and companies are going to get us through this mess.
And some concessions are going to need to be made.

Just remember there are quite a few employees that are unable to keep working, kids stuck at home, health issues, family care issues just to name a few.

These remaining people are taking a great risk to themselves just doing the deliveries, they have to work with people to get loaded and all the people that they run across everyday. ;)

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Not even if he washed his hands George?:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I think what's happening is Amazon is doing the best that they can for everyone.
The amount of deliveries have gone through the roof (like 200% increase), and instead of telling people they can't get their orders, they are thinking outside the box.

I can agree that most would like to get their packages from a uniformed driver in a marked truck, but personally I'm just happy to get any delivery!
The delivery drivers and companies are going to get us through this mess.
And some concessions are going to need to be made.

Just remember there are quite a few employees that are unable to keep working, kids stuck at home, health issues, family care issues just to name a few.

These remaining people are taking a great risk to themselves just doing the deliveries, they have to work with people to get loaded and all the people that they run across everyday. ;)
Thank you Wolfman... Times are extremely tough, especially for people delivering goods to your door. They are talking a great risk for little compensation.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
These people might well be the ones who used to deliver newspapers before the internet.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I am of the camp no matter , you don't wear pajamas when going public . Good gosh, 5 minutes to slip on a pair of pants, shirt, & run a brush thru your hair. Even if your poor ( which I have been ) , have pride in yourself

Last edited:

Workerbee

Equipment
Zd21
Mar 1, 2020
MN
Its rather easy to not have to see what the delivery driver looks like, just dont order anything, or pick it up and deliver it yourself. Otherwise maybe ask for your preferred carrier to handle it. Just dont bitch when the vendor asks for a premium.

KTuk4J

Equipment
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
I am of the camp no matter , you don't wear pajamas when going public . Good gosh, 5 minutes to slip on a pair of pants, shirt, & run a brush thru your hair. Even if your poor ( which I have been ) , have pride in yourself
Thank you! :D

Pretty doubtful they are without pants, shoes and hairbrush.

And Amazon should show some professionalism .... :rolleyes:

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
you get what you pay for, and the American consumer has shown time and time again they dont want to pay, so i dont think polished, professional delivery drivers fit into the cost structure of amazon to keep your free deliveries of products coming.

these are the same people who complain about the state of coach class travel, and air fares, reap what you sow.