All the gear and no idea

Smarty62

Equipment
Kubota sunshine L-18
May 31, 2023
France
New to the forums here.
Kubota Sunshine L-18 help please. Which modern Kubota is nearest to it? Is fuel filter easy to replace?
Please keep answers aimed at dummy.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Is it one of these: https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/008/1/5/8157-kubota-l1-18.html?

It's a 1.3L 3 cylinder. In that sense an L2501 is probably closest. It looks perhaps like an early L model.

But actually, you're looking for a fuel filter.....so I'd just get a fuel filter for that model. It looks like maybe a grey import, I don't see a parts list on Messicks for it. Someone else may be able to help with a diagram.....but I'm guessing a fuel filter isn't something that needs to be that specific to the model, probably the fuel filter off an L will work.

Smarty62

Equipment
Kubota sunshine L-18
May 31, 2023
France
Is it one of these: https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/008/1/5/8157-kubota-l1-18.html?

It's a 1.3L 3 cylinder. In that sense an L2501 is probably closest. It looks perhaps like an early L model.

But actually, you're looking for a fuel filter.....so I'd just get a fuel filter for that model. It looks like maybe a grey import, I don't see a parts list on Messicks for it. Someone else may be able to help with a diagram.....but I'm guessing a fuel filter isn't something that needs to be that specific to the model, probably the fuel filter off an L will work.
ThanksPaul
helpful

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
New to the forums here.
Kubota Sunshine L-18 help please. Which modern Kubota is nearest to it? Is fuel filter easy to replace?
Please keep answers aimed at dummy.
Are you trying to find replacement parts like the fuel filter?
If you are you would you wouldn't cross to new tractors, you would cross to a model that wqas more common during the came time frame.

Parts from that would be very similar to a L2250 which uses the same engine and is of the same time frame.

Reactions: 1 users

Smarty62

Equipment
Kubota sunshine L-18
May 31, 2023
France
Are you trying to find replacement parts like the fuel filter?
If you are you would you wouldn't cross to new tractors, you would cross to a model that wqas more common during the came time frame.

Parts from that would be very similar to a L2250 which uses the same engine and is of the same time frame.
thanks

Smarty62

Equipment
Kubota sunshine L-18
May 31, 2023
France
Thanks for all advice so far
Found the filter kit I needed on Shop4Trac.com.
Fuel filter replaced successfully and now running like a dream again.
Air and Oil to change next!

Hydraulics may be a challenge. Any advice out there ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for all advice so far
Found the filter kit I needed on Shop4Trac.com.
Fuel filter replaced successfully and now running like a dream again.
Air and Oil to change next!

Hydraulics may be a challenge. Any advice out there ?
Is the hydraulic filter a spin on or cartridge?