air lock in fuel tank of m6800

prospertex

Aug 10, 2014
Prosper, Texas USA
The fuel gauge indicates empty even though the tank is full. Can only get about 8 gallons of fuel in when empty. I suspect one or both of the saddle tanks is air locked and only one tank can be filled. Tractor quit running and appears to be out of fuel. Had the same condition a few years ago and replaced the fuel gauge i the tank.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On your tractor you fill to the LH tank and that flows to the right hand tank.
If filling the left hank tank does not let fuel flow to the right hand tank it could be the crossover vent pipe, but considering there is 2 vent lines it's more likely the cross over fuel pipe, that's the first things to check.

Note: Pull the cover #110 and I bet the pipe / hose #010 is collapsed or compromised.

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Removing #110 (cover) will get you to the crossover line #010 (fuel line).

#070 and #040 are the vent lines.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Before I did anything I would locate the vent tube (one on each side) and take a piece of wire and run up in them to get the dirt dobbers out. The tubes will be around the rear of the engine block and will hang down toward the bottom of the tractor.

I may be way off base but it will really surprise me if that is not your problem. Clean those tube out and it should go back to normal.

Last edited:

CFC

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M6800SDT with LA1002 Loader, LandPride RC2512 Series2 Batwing
May 13, 2020
Louisville, KY
On your tractor you fill to the LH tank and that flows to the right hand tank.
If filling the left hank tank does not let fuel flow to the right hand tank it could be the crossover vent pipe, but considering there is 2 vent lines it's more likely the cross over fuel pipe, that's the first things to check.

Note: Pull the cover #110 and I bet the pipe / hose #010 is collapsed or compromised.
Does anyone happen to have a part number for the cross over fuel line and the shield also? I purchased a M6800S last month and had the same issue as above. All fuel lines have been cleaned and tanks operate as designed now, but I noticed a leak in the cross over line and also the cover is missing.

I have the 680 page manual but could not locate part numbers. Happy to have found this forum and subscribed! It looks to be a wonderful platform of knowledgeable people.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
And I'd either make a new shield or order one from the dealer. If not you'll have nothing but problems. That line needs protection very bad.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You can go to kubota USA to see an illustrated parts list to get the part numbers.

I think Messicks has parts lists on line also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
And I'd either make a new shield or order one from the dealer. If not you'll have nothing but problems. That line needs protection very bad.
Plus one on that. The shield is there for a very good reason, it protects the rubber (soft) hose. Your dealer can get you one.