AI2 quick attach, or Tach 'n Go

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
Hi y'all!

I'm a member of another forum that's overwhelmingly recommending the Tach N Go from MyTractorTools.com

For the most part, the reasons given are the built in 2" receiver, build quality, secure/slip free connection. However, nobody there really seems to actually have experience with the AI2 quick attach for comparison.

From what I've gathered by first hand accounts, and videos I've seen, the one Tony makes is ALSO a top notch product.

The one from AI2 is available for $525 or something along those lines with free shipping, but Jery's is $750 PLUS shipping.

Both quick attaches are about the same weight. The lack of a 2" receiver is definitely a strike, but AI2 makes a plate with receiver that I could buy, and still be the same cost or less than just the Tach N Go plus shipping.

Jery's Forks are a little bit lighter and a little bit cheaper, so that's a consideration. Anybody know if the forks for the Tach N Go will mate to the AI2 quick attach?

One other thing is I REALLY like the mini grapple Jery offers at MyTractorTools.com. I can't find good photos, but I think it uses the 2" receiver as part of the mounting for it, so I highly doubt the grapple from MTT will mate to Tony's quick attach.

Jery's grapple is $950 plus shipping so I bet I would never purchase it anyway. It's super light though, and the only practical option for me to have a "real" grapple on my BX.

A substitute I'm considering is "The Thumb" mounted on a set of forks from AI2 or MTT. The thumb is only about 100 lbs, still leaving me with plenty of lift capacity for brush and whatnot.

Anybody here have personal experience with BOTH the Tach N Go and the AI2 quick attach?

Can anybody confirm whether Jery's lighter forks will mate to the AI2?

Can anybody confirm for certain that there would be no way to make the mini grapple for the Tach N Go work with the AI2 quick attach?

It's hard for me to convince myself to spend the extra $300 or so for the TNG, if the AI2 is even almost as nice.

The tractor in question is a new BX1880, with the pin on loader, third function valve, and rear remote valves.

Many thanks!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
neither... SSQA adapter plate from EA, then buy whatever SSQA parts you wish.
you can get SSQA forks that are as light as 120 pounds, and SSQA grapple that is about 160 pounds. (disregard the mower deck)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
I don't think that's the route I want to go, but I'll have to dig a bit more to rule it out completely.

That seems similar to the factory SSQA, which I passed on because it reduces my lift capacity by about 100 lbs. The weight of it paired with the added length it puts my bucket out were responsible. The EA does not appear to me to put the load out much further than the AI2 or Tach N Go so maybe it wouldn't be much worse. The adapter plate itself weighs about 20 more lbs than the other two. Most SSQA attachments I see are heavier than pin on counterparts.

This would also mean I can't use my factory bucket. The other two options allow me to still use regular pin on attachments but on a quick attach manner, and the EA doesn't seem any cheaper. SSQA attachments seem generally more expensive also.

I think the mini grapple was only about 100 lbs.

1_1.1.4-1024x576.jpg
IMG_1174-scaled.jpg
rg-1.gif
BX-TACH-N-GO-small2.gif

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
yes you would need a new bucket, I sold my old bucket for $100 then bought the new one, they are around $350. There are lots of light SSQA attachment options out there. On my LA243 loader I noticed no difference in lift capacity using the SSQA adapter. still lifted heaping scoops of topsoil ect. It might have moved the bucket out a quarter inch or so. The Land Pride SSQA grapple is 180 pounds. Earth and Turf SSQA forks 120 pounds. I was using the artillian grapple and the SSQA plate, that grapple weighs 270 pounds, and I did not run out of lift capacity.

I understand where you are coming from though, on the BX every single pound counts, that was my approach too. Personally, I didn't want to be tied to one proprietary system. JMHO YMMV

Reactions: 1 users

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
I don't necessarily want anything proprietary either, so I do very much like that they work with standard pin on stuff.

If it wasn't for the existing pin on bucket, you might have me convinced!I'll have to keep mulling on that one.

Reactions: 1 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I have Tony's AI2 system on my BX1880. The reason I went with it is that nobody else at the time had a system compatible with the FEL stand stowage system with the remote latch system on the latest BX. Additionally, Tony had a very detailed video on the installation which is not as easy as on the older models. However, you only do it once. It works well with the factory bucket, the Land Pride 48 in. grapple (some bolt heads and nuts have to be reversed) and the redline pallet forks (got longer safety lock pins for ease of installation) but no permanent modifications were required. So, I am happy with my setup.
The only thing to mind is that there are two bolts that need to be properly adjusted during installation to hold the FEL stand fully retracted while latching. One of mine backed out (I must have left the lock nut loose I guess) and it got slightly bent. I readjusted and it still works fine.
The bolts appear around the 20 min. mark in Tony's video:

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
I've seen that video a few times. Haha.

I'm leaning towards Tony vs Jery, mostly because the website is more professional, there is more detailed information about the products, pictures, videos, etc. Some of Jery's stuff I've only seen pictures of on forums. They also take paypal and have an easy ordering system. They just seem to "have it together" better and it feels more like they will be around a while.

Since both QA's in question work with pin on attachments, I'm not worried about the whole proprietary attachment angle. I don't feel like working with pin on stuff is all that proprietary. It sounds like they are less sloppy and lighter. SSQA stuff also seems generally heavier. They do offer some lighter options, but those are only as plentiful as pin on stuff. So I feel like the argument that everybody makes SSQA stuff is moot, because few of them are light enough for me.

I can find pin on buckets, grapples, rakes, and forks.

You have the 48" grapple? How do you like it? Either that one, or the 48" pin on Wicked Grapple from E.A. are on my radar.

Last edited:

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
You have the 48" grapple? How do you like it? Either that one, or the 48" pin on Wicked Grapple from E.A. are on my radar.
I like my grapple a lot. I have been removing some palms that have grown out of control and the grapple saves me a lot of work. I can cut and dispose to the curb 3 to 4 palms in half day since I can haul out the chunks in a about 4 foot lengths directly with the grapple. Otherwise, I would have to make many more cuts so that I could lift the chunks into a trailer wearing out my back and I could do only one palm in one day. I have attached a strap to the grapple and used it to pull stuff out of the ground, like a rolling crane.

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
Sounds like I know the answer, but have you ever felt like your lift capacity was inadequate with the 50 lbs QA and the 150 lbs grapple?

The grapple from Jery is only 75 lbs, maybe 24" wide, but it sounds like the 48" is fine.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Sounds like I know the answer, but have you ever felt like your lift capacity was inadequate with the 50 lbs QA and the 150 lbs grapple?

The grapple from Jery is only 75 lbs, maybe 24" wide, but it sounds like the 48" is fine.
Never felt that the lift capacity was inadequate. Having rear ballast seems to be more the issue since when the load is heavy the rear wheels will try to lift even when filled with water. The only times I could not lift what I wanted was because it was hung up due to roots or something else in the way.

Last edited:

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
I would think there wouldn't be many people who had both systems. I researched them both very carefully and went with the AI2, although if I'd had my druthers I'd have gone with Jery's due to the slightly less weight and slightly better attachment system. However, the lead time on Jery's system was several months and as others have said, Tony's videos are very comprehensive. I also spoke with Tony on the phone for a half hour and he is very knowledgeable and personable, so he ended up getting the nod. After two years I'm very happy with the Ai2 for my BX2370; I have the forks and receiver hitch. Top notch build quality and great ease of use. Pricewise, at the time they came out very close. That's my two cents' worth.

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
The forks are priced very close, but if you ignore the included 2" receiver for the TNG the quick attaches aren't even close. AI2 is 500 with free shipping, TNG is 750 plus shipping.

The 2" receiver will be useful, but not a must have for me, and I can get the plate later and still be a little ahead. I also like that I can easily buy Tony's blank plate from the website for anything home grown I can cook up myself.

I think Tony's videos and better website is probably going to sell AI2 for me. They are both easy to talk to via email.

The Tach N Go guys say the quality is unmatched and the locking mechanisms are far superior, but they haven't actually used the AI2. The AI2 guys always seem very pleased.

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
I purchased the AI2 quick attach, and I'm very glad I did! The current price shipped was $250 cheaper than the Tach N Go price I was quoted in April, and I bet that price has gone up (understandably).

The AI2 QA works very well!

stuarth

Sep 21, 2016
Mentor
I have one of Tony's newest model of the quick attach and want to sell it and it is like new, anyone interested? I am in Mentor, Ohio

mwemaxxowner

Equipment
BX1880
Apr 14, 2021
Pageland, SC
I did buy the AI2 quick attach. Here about 100 hours later, it has developed a lot more slop than I care for.

So...I've order the Tach N Go. Once I use it I may sell the AI2 version. I really liked the AI2 quick attach to begin with, but it has just developed too much slop. If I was even a little bit accomplished as a machinist/fabricator I could probably tighten it up for a fraction of the cost.

So I guess I'll be one of the few able to give a comparison between the two units.

I do probably work my BX a little harder than I should, so the west isn't totally AI2s fault.