After market filters

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Seriously, do you think all aftermarket filters are the same quality?

They vary enormously in quality, some (a few?) might be as good or better that Kubota, the rest are unlikely to be as good, being a triumph of marketing over quality and common-sense.

Reactions: 1 user

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
any high quality after market filter, or oil, will cost as much as OEM.

This topic has been beat to death here many times, just do a search on the topic.

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
I‘m sure as someone said, some may be better, some likely worse. I don’t question it. The savings I may get by buying another brand is not worth it if it fails and I have to pay for an engine or new tractor.

I know Kubota doesn‘t make filters or oil. However, if they put their name on either it meets their specs and I don’t have to worry whether it is “good enough”. Some here swear by other oils and I have no issues with their choices. If I’m stopping at a dealer for the filter might as well get the oil, too.

I know some of you don’t have convenient dealers. I‘m fortunate in that I pass 3 Kubota dealers on the way from my home to my land. You can order it if shipping doesn’t outweigh gas to travel to a dealer.

By the way, the filter and oil I replaced yesterday as part of my maintenance on my L2501 were both branded Kubota.

Reactions: 1 user