Advice on L3560 (cab, HST)

jp_over

Apr 4, 2021
East TX
Friends,

I'm new to tractors and have some work to do on our 16 acre hobby farm. As such, I'd like to see what I'm missing and should consider before purchasing. I'd hate to have to buy another tractor based on making some bad assumptions.

Here's what I need to accomplish (by priority):

Routine / Reoccurring
1. Mowing fence line (3/4 mile 6 strand)
2. Clearing downed trees / forestry management
3. Maintain driveway

One time / Infrequent
1. Filling / leveling ruts
2. Mowing / maintaining / cleaning up areas of heavy weeds / briars
3. Clearing stumps (likely will rent/hire out stump grinder)

Land features: Relatively flat, sandy loam with some clay, lots of trees, select cut 5-7 years ago (a number of stumps).

Current plan is to get an L3560 (cab) with:
1) loader (possibly 4 in 1)
2) heavy duty brush mower
3) pallet forks
4) box blade with rippers

I'd like to keep the weight and size down so I can get around the trees and fence easily as well as not make more ruts while I'm cleaning up old logging ruts.

Here's what I'm coming up with on the Kubota website. I think an L3901 could definitely do all I need but I like the idea of a cab and using this into my 50s and 60s is part of the planning.

Thanks for any advice or tips.

1626010574456.png

* Box blade and rotary cutter to be selected at dealership.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Looks like you've thought it through well. Grand L is a good size machine for 16 acres. You could go to an MX but I don't see any need to.

No rotary cutter or box blade listed in the implement list - you may get a discount buying them at the same time, or be able to include them in any financing deal.

I'd look seriously at a grapple rather than a 4 in 1 bucket. It's probably not that much more money, but much less of a compromise. You've got the 3rd function in your build anyway for the 4 in 1 bucket. I'd keep the pallet forks as well.

Reactions: 1 user

jp_over

Apr 4, 2021
East TX
Thanks for the input and good info on the rotary cutter and box blade.

I'll have to do some reading on the grapple. That sounds like a handy implement.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Looks like you've thought it through well. Grand L is a good size machine for 16 acres. You could go to an MX but I don't see any need to.

No rotary cutter or box blade listed in the implement list - you may get a discount buying them at the same time, or be able to include them in any financing deal.

I'd look seriously at a grapple rather than a 4 in 1 bucket. It's probably not that much more money, but much less of a compromise. You've got the 3rd function in your build anyway for the 4 in 1 bucket. I'd keep the pallet forks as well.
Agreed regarding the 4-in-1.

I bought one with my L6060 and would not do so again for multiple reasons.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Friends,

I'm new to tractors and have some work to do on our 16 acre hobby farm. As such, I'd like to see what I'm missing and should consider before purchasing. I'd hate to have to buy another tractor based on making some bad assumptions.

Here's what I need to accomplish (by priority):

Routine / Reoccurring
1. Mowing fence line (3/4 mile 6 strand)
2. Clearing downed trees / forestry management
3. Maintain driveway

One time / Infrequent
1. Filling / leveling ruts
2. Mowing / maintaining / cleaning up areas of heavy weeds / briars
3. Clearing stumps (likely will rent/hire out stump grinder)

Land features: Relatively flat, sandy loam with some clay, lots of trees, select cut 5-7 years ago (a number of stumps).

Current plan is to get an L3560 (cab) with:
1) loader (possibly 4 in 1)
2) heavy duty brush mower
3) pallet forks
4) box blade with rippers

I'd like to keep the weight and size down so I can get around the trees and fence easily as well as not make more ruts while I'm cleaning up old logging ruts.

Here's what I'm coming up with on the Kubota website. I think an L3901 could definitely do all I need but I like the idea of a cab and using this into my 50s and 60s is part of the planning.

Thanks for any advice or tips.

View attachment 62939
On question and one comment.

Question: For what will you use three expensive remote valves?

Comment: I see no rotary cutter, yet you mention mowing as an expected task. It would appear that you will need a rough cut mower. Expect to be limited to a 5' rotary cutter unless your mowing tasks are very light duty.

SDT

Last edited:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Another vote for a grapple and 3rd function instead of a 4 in 1. You can get by lifting stuff with Pallet forks and a chain if you are good at balancing the load…so you can put off getting the grapple for a bit If you need to. I would go ahead and get the 3rd function done by the dealer. Box blade is pretty good for driveway maintenance, but wont easily put a crown on the surface. if you are redistributing a lot of material on the road, a BB is great. If you want to put in trenches, crown, grade a rear blade is better in my opinion, but takes more to get good at. If you are getting rear remotes a hydraulic angle rear blade and top and tilt kit is an awesome combination. I have them on mine and almost never have to get off the machine to make adjustments.

The rest sounds pretty solid. GL3560 is a wonderful machine.

Reactions: 1 users

jp_over

Apr 4, 2021
East TX
On question and one comment.

Question: For what will you use three expensive remote valves?

Comment: I see no rotary cutter, yet you mention mowing as an expected task. It would appear that you will need a rough cut mower. Expect to be limited to a 5' rotary cutter unless your mowing tasks are very light duty.

SDT
On the remote valves, mostly this is to give flexibility with implements down the road. I figured it would be cheaper to just add these now instead of coming back to add them later.

I couldn't find a standard rotary cutter on the Kubota site and planned on selecting both this and the box blade at the dealer.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Another vote for grapple vs 4 in 1. Look at the Messicks YouTube channel Neil does a great review on the 4 in 1. Pros and cons.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Make sure that they load the rear tires for ballast using the loader. Kubota’s implements are Landpride implements which Kubota owns. You won’t find them listed on the build your own feature of the Kubota website. Looks like you have put together a good build, I wouldn’t change anything except as others have pointed out, loose the 4 in 1 and get a grapple instead.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Get the 3rd function and a grapple. I really like my 3560 and it has worked great on our 80 acres.

Resized_20190810_095327.jpg
Resized_20190824_150334.jpeg
Resized_20191231_132654.jpeg
Resized_20191227_121534.jpg
Resized_20191221_120549.jpeg
Resized_20190608_100107.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users