Adventures with a Rear Blade RB2684

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I drove up to the next dealer to pick up the RB2684 yesterday because my local dealer couldn’t get one until at least Nov/Dec. The dealer was very helpful to get the right Quick Hitch bushings that fit. That wasn’t very adventurous once it was loaded in my truck and I strapped it down. It did slide a bit backwards, but only a tiny scratch on the plastic knob for my step handle.

Today, I unloaded with the wife’s help. First attempt was a fail. My bucket wouldn’t go high enough once it cleared the frame, but that was an easy enough solutions when I went to the blade side. Next up, QH was not QH. The stand or my lack of level ground was a bit of a pain to get adjusted, but eventually I got it on.

Next I raised it up which got me a few inches of ground clearance only. That was a little bit of puzzle. I tried different adjustments, but the solution ended up being the simplest, of course. I tightened the top link down which change the angle of the blade but also tilted the frame. That gave me over a foot of clearance easily.

Playing with the adjustments was a challenge. The degree angle was fine. The tilt was not. Kind of funny that considering how long I would have been waiting, this blade had quite a bit of rust, and was obviously just sitting and waiting for a new owner. I loosened the bolts and dropped one edge on a large block of wood that broke the rust loose. A little more loosening got it loose enough to grease.

I did a quick pass of part of my driveway to push some gravel back on the driveway. That was pretty good.

Next up, look up the proper maintenance of the tilt and lubrication points, but I am happy I was able to find a blade to become familiar with, do a little work, and have as a backup for Winter.

Reactions: 1 user