Adding 3rd Function on B3200 with power beyond port

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
I have a 2009 B3200 that has a Power Beyond port for a BH76 Backhoe that is used occasionally. I want to add a third function port on the loader, and I’m getting conflicting information from dealers. One is telling me to plug the 3rd function into the power beyond port, running the lines to the rear power beyond Ports to power the third function instead of the backhoe. Another is telling me to install “Tees” on the power beyond lines to allow the use of both the 3rd function and loader without unplugging and plugging in lines.

That seems to go against what WR Long recommends on their website, stating: “If your tractor does have a dealer-installed backhoe, your W.R. Long valve can still be installed. The key is to plumb everything downstream of the loader valve in a series, not parallel. Hydraulic fluid should flow from the tractor’s pump, to the loader valve. From the loader valve’s power beyond port, to the “P” port of the W.R. Long valve. From the “T” port of the W.R. Long valve to the inlet of your backhoe. The hose we supply may still work with the backhoe. If the supplied hose does not work, the connection between the “T” port and the backhoe may require an adaptor, or a new hose. You should not use any T-fittings because they will create a bypass around the valve and the fluid will follow the path of least resistance, without doing any work for you.“

Has anyone with a B3200 with a backhoe running off a power beyond port ever installed a 3rd function? How did you plumb it? Is it either third function or backhoe, or are they connected together?

Thanks for the assistance.

MattN03

Equipment
2011 B3200, LA504 FEL w/B2366 SSQA conversion, BH76 BH, EA Wicked 55
Sep 5, 2016
KY
I have a B3200, BH76, and 2 rear remotes. On mine, using a WR Long kit, I went from the outlet on the rear remote out to the WR Long inlet, then out of the WR Long valve and back into the BH76 supply line.

If you don't have rear remotes, you should be able to go directly from the Power Beyond Port, to the WR Long inlet, out the WR Long valve, and then into the backhoe supply line. You just need the WR Long kit tied in BEFORE the backhoe.

tjaltz

Equipment
L6060HSTC, B3200HSD
Mar 17, 2019
South Carolina
I have a B3200, BH76, and 2 rear remotes. On mine, using a WR Long kit, I went from the outlet on the rear remote out to the WR Long inlet, then out of the WR Long valve and back into the BH76 supply line.

If you don't have rear remotes, you should be able to go directly from the Power Beyond Port, to the WR Long inlet, out the WR Long valve, and then into the backhoe supply line. You just need the WR Long kit tied in BEFORE the backhoe.
Thanks. I don’t have any rear remotes on my 3200, just the power beyond connection for the backhoe.