Added "Nother Hoss

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
to da farm. We already have two Club Cars which are serving us well for general lightweight trail/road clearing duties as well as just poking around and our family is expanding. I looked at various SXS's such as Kubota, Honda, JD, Mule, Rino, etc. but the gas powered Golf Cars continue to win out.
D4564138-8170-4E46-85FC-8E9890BE9840.jpeg

972B6154-3F48-4E7F-9C67-993B0D78047A.jpeg

I have heard that some folks put golf clubs in them and ride around on freshly mowed grass, but you know how rumors are. Can't believe everything that you read on the internet. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
2CDBF897-5C53-4797-98BD-245767D10A62.jpeg

Very nice! Didn’t know Yamaha made golf carts.

We sort of got by with a 4 wheeler as a UTV for several years but that was really a bit on the smallish side for moving cargo. Picked up a side by side and have no regrets at all. A lightweight people and some stuff to work with transporter is a wonderful thing. Easy on the trails, too. If you don’t really need more than moderate off roading capabilities, golf carts are a great option.

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yamaha makes a good cart. when I switched jobs, the new job is a yamaha dealer (carts only). what I know of them, so far, is do not get an electric car of any kind. Money pit! Every 5 years, spend 2 grand on batteries; and that's if everything else is in good shape (frame, hold downs, motor, controller, etc). Gas carts are much much less expensive in the long run, and generally speaking, mostly maintenance free. Valve adjustment and oil change is about all they ever need. Electric carts you have to check/fill the batteries every week which can be messy. Not to mention you're dealing with battery acid--you fill them with distilled/deionized water only (not tap water) but there is acid in the batteries that does sometimes splash on you. Then you gotta charge them every day. If you forget? LOL you get to walk the next day,

I'm dealing with an ezgo and a club car right now both electric. One, the frame that holds the batteries into the car frame is rusted away and the batteries are falling out. Potentially dangerous situation if one or more batteries short circuits. If you have ever seen a battery explode you know what I am talking about. I did....bad boy mtv, 2010, 5 of the 6 batteries exploded because of one faulty battery (they are hooked in series). I have a good bit of hearing loss and permanent scars all over my back and neck from acid and fire burns. The place across the street (about 250 yards away) some of their windows got broken out from the concussion of the explosion. It was substantial. Yes you have to deal with that kind of stuff with electric carts and now with the popularization of electric cars, you'll see more and more problems that nobody knows how to deal with. Quite dangerous problems at that.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
When I was laid off, I got a temp job at the VA hospital in Da Burgh. We all had push cart for tools and such, but security and such had Cushman carts, gas for our side and battery for inside the complex. My boss came to me one morning and said you and so n so head in to east liberty and find the big Cushman. WTH? Well to make a long story short, one of the patients somehow had gotten off a locked ward ( was the physic hospital) and stolen the cart so he could get a drink or 10. Seems he drove all over town untill the batteries died, then walked back according to the PoPo.

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
In my area the parents of young kids are allowing their kids on the roads in the carts. Just yesterday I came up behind a cart exactly like Magicman has in his pics. The cart had 7 kids in it. None of the over the age of 12. The driver couldnt have been 10 years old. She as so small she had to stand on one foot and operate the pedals with the other. I knew some of the kids in the cart and they live 3+ miles from where I came up on them.

To Everyone: Please dont let your kids/grandkids on the roads with your carts. Just matter of time before a cart full of kids pulls out in front of a car, get maimed or killed because of their parents negligence allowing them to be on the roads.

What happened to kids pedaling bicycles?

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My 16Hp V-twin, power dump bed, 1/2ton rated, 35mph namesake:
2.JPG 4 4.11.46 PM anno.jpg DSC00003 anno.jpg IMG_0229.jpg IMG_0239.jpg DSC00005.JPG

Last edited:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
yamaha makes a good cart. when I switched jobs, the new job is a yamaha dealer (carts only). what I know of them, so far, is do not get an electric car of any kind.
For us there was never a question of gas or electric. ?? We have two gas Club Cars that have served us very well; the oldest being ~15 years old. The reason for this addition was that the family is growing and trail rides on my property are "looked forward to" events. There are over 7 miles of trails and the furthermost point is well over a mile from the Cabin. Road/trail clearing plus maintaining 3 bridges is a very necessary labor of love.

I seriously looked at EZ-Go but the Yamaha won out. I have no Club Car dealer.

This new Yamaha is EFI and 4 wheel independent suspension so the ride should be quite nice. I didn't want black, but golf cars are sorta like everything else with production backed up 6+ months. This dealer got 4 and I bought the 4th one the next day. It will be mid/late Summer before his next shipment. There are very few used gas units and they are $$.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
For us there was never a question of gas or electric. ?? We have two gas Club Cars that have served us very well; the oldest being ~15 years old. The reason for this addition was that the family is growing and trail rides on my property are "looked forward to" events. There are over 7 miles of trails and the furthermost point is well over a mile from the Cabin. Road/trail clearing plus maintaining 3 bridges is a very necessary labor of love.

I seriously looked at EZ-Go but the Yamaha won out. I have no Club Car dealer.

This new Yamaha is EFI and 4 wheel independent suspension so the ride should be quite nice. I didn't want black, but golf cars are sorta like everything else with production backed up 6+ months. This dealer got 4 and I bought the 4th one the next day. It will be mid/late Summer before his next shipment. There are very few used gas units and they are $$.
We had similar experience buying our Mule in the midst of Phase 1 COVID. Price was OK but nothing spectacular. Called three other dealers and all said same thing: “You actually found somebody that has one??? Buy it NOW. We’re out and no telling when anyone will get more.”

Bought it with the winch but dealer didn’t have the winch mounting plate so couldn’t install it. Waited 8 weeks to get the winch mount plate. Then the service manager quoted $550 to install the winch but said if you can turn a wrench it’s not a big deal. After 6 hours and disassembling the front half of the Mule got it installed. Called the service manager back and told him I got it installed and figured out it was such a PITA he just didn’t want to deal with it. He laughed and said he’d rather rebuild the engine than install a winch on that machine. Best purchase since getting the tractor, though.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We also have two Polaris 4X4's at the Cabin; a 325 Magnum and a 425 Xpedition, both with winches. They are the least used because the "Grands" would rather drive the golf cars. :rolleyes:

• Haha

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Awesome! Where my sister and brother in law have their camper. They are only allowed to have electric ones. My family, we camp where we can bring our ATVs lol

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
It's a '96 GXT 804 EZGO Turf Truck. (groundskeeper's truck) This one began life as a ball picker on a golf course.
Looked pretty much like the first pic below. Came with a 6.5HP 295cc Robin-Subaru. It now has a 16HP 480cc B&S Vangaurd v-twin. Torque converter is a different ramp rate than the stock EZGO, with lower initial gearing for more low end. All steel, with diamond plate sheet metal. Lift is mine, and I did the whole conversion. It used to be a lot cleaner/prettier, but my wife's uncle owned it for 11 years, and he beat it pretty hard. It's street legal, and almost a daily driver. It is fantastic in the dunes, and not bad as a rock crawler. With all that meat on the ground, it has pulled some pretty big vehicles out of the sand.
In stock form, it was rated for 1/2ton payload & 1/2ton towing.

When we were all building (or buying) lifted carts, my buddies came over to see it completed, and commented that, compared to theirs, it looked like BigFoot, only little. The name stuck.

In the last pic, LilFoot walked right up onto the rock; the Rhino needed 4wd low range to get up there.
Unknown 4.11.46 PM.jpeg IMG_0224.jpg Lil Foot&Rhino5.JPG

Last edited:

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
We just bought a used 2015 benchee big horn 700 with tracks for snow assisted dump, power steering and summer tires and rims got a heck of deal the plastic a bit faded but only 180 miles on it. Love it my wife loves it too very handy on the farm

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Da Hoss was seen hossin' a bit this morning.
IMG_9413.JPG

Land clearing. :rolleyes:
IMG_9414.JPG

and "tree" skidding!! :rolleyes:

I know, but you know us guys hafta justify our toys somehow. :D

• Haha

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
I will do the tracks are off for summer but I guess I've been to busy enjoying it I dont even have pics lol. This weekend I will

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
IMG_9424.JPG

The cover came today. This should help with dust and debris because I do not have a garage/shed for it to sleep under.

At least it did fit. (y)

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
I needed more bed space and a full cab for winter so I went with this:
IMG_20200830_151014115_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member