Adapting a snow plow to my B2620 - hydraulic questions

JJay_Bird

Equipment
B2620
Oct 22, 2021
Milan OH
As the title implies, I have a B2620 tractor. I found locally a used plow with power lift and power angle... it's a New Holland 72CB. I've already got the mounting done and waiting on two plates that a local fab shop is making for me. Next will be the hydraulic connections... and eventually the correct colors of paint!
My questions: On the joystick controls, which two fittings are lift and which two are angle? On the quick connects, can someone tell me what type and size they are? The fittings that are on the lines on this plow are males (like the tractor) so I'll need to change them.

Tioga Tim

Equipment
B2620
Nov 11, 2020
Upstate New York
As the title implies, I have a B2620 tractor. I found locally a used plow with power lift and power angle... it's a New Holland 72CB. I've already got the mounting done and waiting on two plates that a local fab shop is making for me. Next will be the hydraulic connections... and eventually the correct colors of paint!
My questions: On the joystick controls, which two fittings are lift and which two are angle? On the quick connects, can someone tell me what type and size they are? The fittings that are on the lines on this plow are males (like the tractor) so I'll need to change them.
Assuming you don't have a loader? So can I look at my 2620 loader and tell you which lines lift vs dump? Is that all you need to know?

Tim

JJay_Bird

Equipment
B2620
Oct 22, 2021
Milan OH
Assuming you don't have a loader? So can I look at my 2620 loader and tell you which lines lift vs dump? Is that all you need to know?

Tim
Thanks Tim. Yes, I needed hose placement and fitting type. I’ve since figured both out but thank you for the reply.
I’m very happy with the plow set up, not so much the R4’s on the snow, especially this last blast we had with 10+ inches.
I put a set of chains on the fronts from my garden tractor. They were slightly too long but it was a game changer. So now I am looking for the right set of chains for those tires.

JJay_Bird

Equipment
B2620
Oct 22, 2021
Milan OH
Thanks Tim. Yes, I needed hose placement and fitting type. I’ve since figured both out but thank you for the reply.
I’m very happy with the plow set up, not so much the R4’s on the snow, especially this last blast we had with 10+ inches.
I put a set of chains on the fronts from my garden tractor. They were slightly too long but it was a game changer. So now I am looking for the right set of chains for those tires.
I am honestly shocked the chains didn’t fit better. The R4’s are 23 x 8 1/2 and the garden tractor rear’s are 23 x 10 1/2.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Standard valve setup is left spool for boom and right spool for lift.

Sounds like you are calling the quick couplers fittings. I would expect the loader side are 3/8" body size and probably not agricultural type.

Dan

jnschnit

Equipment
B2601, BH70 BH, LA435 FL, RCK60-32 MMM, BX2763 Blade, ZD1011
May 10, 2013
newark valley new york
The couplers are available on Amazon $14
Kubota 7J612-66323 Replacement Female Hydraulic Quick Coupler, 1/4” NPT

JJay_Bird

Equipment
B2620
Oct 22, 2021
Milan OH
Standard valve setup is left spool for boom and right spool for lift.

Sounds like you are calling the quick couplers fittings. I would expect the loader side are 3/8" body size and probably not agricultural type.

Dan
Thanks for the reply. You are right, I was talking about the quick couplers. After a little research and measuring, I figured out they were ISO 7241-B, so I ordered four from Summit Hydraulics and picked up 4 3/8NPT to 1/4NPT adapters at a local hydraulic shop. All good now, thanks again!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for the reply. You are right, I was talking about the quick couplers. After a little research and measuring, I figured out they were ISO 7241-B, so I ordered four from Summit Hydraulics and picked up 4 3/8NPT to 1/4NPT adapters at a local hydraulic shop. All good now, thanks again!
Kubota seems to prefer ISO 7241-B for front implements and ISO 5675 for rear outlets.

Dan

JJay_Bird

Equipment
B2620
Oct 22, 2021
Milan OH
The couplers are available on Amazon $14
Kubota 7J612-66323 Replacement Female Hydraulic Quick Coupler, 1/4” NPT
Thanks for the reply. I searched your number on Amazon and noticed they were Summit items. Out of curiosity, I went to the Summit website and created a shopping cart... with 4 of your picks and four of the ones I actually ordered:
SummitQuickCouplers.png

So now my question is, what is the difference between these two? I bought the ISO ones, and they are installed and working. The tractor-side males are original as far as I know.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for the reply. I searched your number on Amazon and noticed they were Summit items. Out of curiosity, I went to the Summit website and created a shopping cart... with 4 of your picks and four of the ones I actually ordered:
View attachment 74541
So now my question is, what is the difference between these two? I bought the ISO ones, and they are installed and working. The tractor-side males are original as far as I know.
Kubota does not advertise what standards their couplers are using. They give you a Kubota part number and inflated price for a black box.

I believe the Kubota couplers are also ISO 724-B so no difference other than price. Quite possibly the identical coupler. I am not sure what the body size is. The 1/4" NPT port thread would lead one to believe they are 1/4" bodies but that is not definitive. You measured the couplers on your loader - what were the dimensions?

Dan

Last edited:

JJay_Bird

Equipment
B2620
Oct 22, 2021
Milan OH
Kubota does not advertise what standards their couplers are using. They give you a Kubota part number and inflated price for a black box.

I believe the Kubota couplers are also ISO 724-B so no difference other than price. Quite possibly the identical coupler. I am not sure what the body size is. The 1/4" NPT port thread would lead one to believe they are 1/4" bodies but that is not definitive. You measured the couplers on your loader - what were the dimensions?

Dan
See this portion of an interchange chart I found online. The male quick connects on the tractor are marked Faster HNV... then all I did was measure the od at the end and came up with 9/16 which told me I needed the 1/4" body size females.
7241Bchart.png

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
See this portion of an interchange chart I found online. The male quick connects on the tractor are marked Faster HNV... then all I did was measure the od at the end and came up with 9/16 which told me I needed the 1/4" body size females.
View attachment 74547
Faster HNV couplers are ISO 7241-B. So the answer to your question is the only difference in the couplers Summit is selling is the price.

Dan