A tale of Messicks on line

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have been trying to help a friend install a front mounted blower on a B7100HST with a mid pto.

Torch has been a great help providing photos and sharing his manual for a B2550 blower.

Canadian Kubota dealers could make no sense of the Kubota part numbers in Torch's manual.

I turned to Messicks on line ordering and to my surprise the critical parts showed up in their system:

Subframe bar LH with shaft sleeve 70060-03621
Subframe bar RH 70060-03620
Rear subframe anchor RH 70060-03618
Rear subframe anchor LH 70060-03619
Front Vertical supports x2 70060-03173
U shaped bracket 70060-03172
Support brace 70060-03171

I placed the order only to be told only two of the above were available
Subframe bar LH with shaft sleeve 70060-03621
Support brace 70060-03171

I ordered only the Subframe bar LH with shaft sleeve because in the most important terms, it was the same as the RH subframe minus the shaft sleeve for the mid pto. I was going to use it as a pattern to fabricate the RH bar.

I then received an email that the item would be back ordered 3-4 weeks.

These exchanges all took place last weekend.

On Monday, I received an on line invoice and notification the one part, the Subframe bar LH with shaft sleeve, was on its way to me with a Fedex tracking number.

I suspected a problem. First the item was supposed to be back ordered, and second the invoice item description was Filter, Strainer.

I called and cautioned them that there was likely a mistake in what was being shipped.

I was assured the issue was only the wrong description in their computer.

Not convinced, I called again the same day and this more senior person agreed to the note in the red box below.

Today I received an email from the location I was having the parts dropped off 1.5 hours away, advising my order had arrived.

Here is my order:

I turned around and drove the 1.5 hours home.

I emailed Messicks with the photo above. I received a call soon after. I was told the part numbers in Torch's manual were incorrect when Kubota provided the manual to him in 1995. The gentleman claimed to have found the one part with a different part number.

I explained, I had given up, I could not trust they would really have the correct part after another 3 hour drive.

This is a long tale of caution to owners of old equipment. Do not think just because you have the original owners' manual with part numbers that they are correct. You may get a big surprise!

Messicks apologized and immediately processed a credit to my Visa minus any consideration for the travel and bridge toll expenses.

I have done my best to remove any Messicks employee identification.

Dave

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Guess I'm gonna be taking more measurements... :cool:

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
You really got to hand it to Messick's for stepping up to correct the issue. Not many places would go to that length to keep a customer.

I have not had any PN issues with Kubota but, I have with old cars. I learned to ask lots of questions like: What is the weight of this part, Do you have over all length or shipping dimensions. A question that defines the part. This helps to confirm part especially if I am buying a plane ride for it!
Don't give up just be persistent!

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Our family has been dealing with Messicks for 40 years sure they have changed a lot over the years but I still deal with them on a regular basis. Go people. :)

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Guess I'm gonna be taking more measurements... :cool:
If we proceed with this project Torch, I am going to come up with a way to provide strength to push a front blower from the rear draw bar mount rather than trying to duplicate the two sub frame bars as on your B2550.

This from a B8200 with an Erskine Blower driven from rear pto

At least we have a mid pto to work with

Dave

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I tried them one time (Messicks) for service items for my M's. They sent me the wrong hydraulic filters (too small capacity of filters) and the ship cost to me eliminates any savings. My local dealer took their filters for stock and gave me the correct ones. His prices, when you factor in shipping are the same or maybe a bit less.

So I have but won't again. Like their video's though.:)

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I ordered two fuel filters for the BX2200 from them yesterday. NAPA wanted $15 each for them, Messick's were $7.76 each plus 6.95 shipping, for a total of about $22. Since the nearest dealer is now 40 miles away, I figure $7 for shipping is cheap. Now, we see if we get the right parts! lol

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I have a real appreciation for Messicks because when I bought my used M4700 it had electrical problems due to hidden damage from hungry mice.

The electrical diagrams in the manuals I found online made NO sense to me, and a Giggle search brought Messicks to my attention. I called them in PA from TX figuring I'd get a brush-off.
The parts guy put me through to a technician who listened to my problem. (I had followed a Kubota schematic to run a new wire to connect the temp guage to the sending unit.) The technician asked to return my call later after he'd investigated matters. I figured it was a kiss-off.
An hour later he called back, told me the schematic I was using was incorrect, and gave me verbal instructions on color-codes to "ring out" my wiring. He also asked for my email address. About a half-hour later, via email, came a factory wiring schematic, with the circuit in-question highlighted with a yellow-marker, which provided the CORRECT color codes for my tractor. I had everything fixed an hour later.
I ordered parts from Messicks as a result of their generosity, courtesy, and accuracy with technical help which they'd offered without charge.
Yes, the local Kubota dealer has the same capabilities and similar prices. And I do business with them because you never know when you need them when no one else will do. But MESSICKS is a good company, with an excellent Servant's Attitude, and an UpRight, Honest business ethic.
Anyone who used them one time when an honest mistake was made and then condemns them... is someone I personally hope I never have to do business with because they'll probably bring to me the same lack of communication skills that gave them the bad experience elsewhere. The MOST IMPORTANT action of any business dealing is COMMUNICATION. Not understanding one's own problem will likely cause one to miscommunicate that problem to others, and they can never help you if they are operating with incorrect or partially incorrect info.
I know no one who's not made an honest mistake occasionally.

Last edited:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Well spoken thanks for sharing your experience ;)

I have a real appreciation for Messicks because when I bought my used M4700 it had electrical problems due to hidden damage from hungry mice.

The electrical diagrams in the manuals I found online made NO sense to me, and a Giggle search brought Messicks to my attention. I called them in PA from TX figuring I'd get a brush-off.
The parts guy put me through to a technician who listened to my problem. (I had followed a Kubota schematic to run a new wire to connect the temp guage to the sending unit.) The technician asked to return my call later after he'd investigated matters. I figured it was a kiss-off.
An hour later he called back, told me the schematic I was using was incorrect, and gave me verbal instructions on color-codes to "ring out" my wiring. He also asked for my email address. About a half-hour later, via email, came a factory wiring schematic, with the circuit in-question highlighted with a yellow-marker, which provided the CORRECT color codes for my tractor. I had everything fixed an hour later.
I ordered parts from Messicks as a result of their generosity, courtesy, and accuracy with technical help which they'd offered without charge.
Yes, the local Kubota dealer has the same capabilities and similar prices. And I do business with them because you never know when you need them when no one else will do. But MESSICKS is a good company, with an excellent Servant's Attitude, and an UpRight, Honest business ethic.
Anyone who used them one time when an honest mistake was made and then condemns them... is someone I personally hope I never have to do business with because they'll probably bring to me the same lack of communication skills that gave them the bad experience elsewhere. The MOST IMPORTANT action of any business dealing is COMMUNICATION. Not understanding one's own problem will likely cause one to miscommunicate that problem to others, and they can never help you if they are operating with incorrect or partially incorrect info.
I know no one who's not made an honest mistake occasionally.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
a Giggle search

Yes, the local Kubota dealer

Oh how I wish there was an actual Giggle search!

George not sure what local dealer you use but there is a dealer north of Georgetown now = Ewald. Same as Del Valle, Marble Falls. May be easier to get to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Oh how I wish there was an actual Giggle search!

George not sure what local dealer you use but there is a dealer north of Georgetown now = Ewald. Same as Del Valle, Marble Falls. May be easier to get to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ewald's, Marble Falls is who I consider my local dealer, about 14 miles from me.