A Quick Grapple Question

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
I am buying a new L4802 with loader and third-function. I want a grapple in the future, but after buying the tractor, I will need some time to recover funds. I have a friend with a L2501, and a grapple. He said he is fine with me borrowing his grapple until I can buy my own. Does anyone know if a grapple that fits the L2501 will fit on a L4802 (or L4701)? Are they "universally" sized? (Both tractors have the quick-attach buckets).

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I believe that all SSQA attachments are the same width on the face plate. If I'm wrong....oops.
What I can say for sure is that my 2501s LA526 loader is 44" (+/- a hair) from ear to ear on the outside. Photo stolen from Homestead Attachments
Screenshot_20230304_204511_Samsung Notes.jpg

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I am buying a new L4802 with loader and third-function. I want a grapple in the future, but after buying the tractor, I will need some time to recover funds. I have a friend with a L2501, and a grapple. He said he is fine with me borrowing his grapple until I can buy my own. Does anyone know if a grapple that fits the L2501 will fit on a L4802 (or L4701)? Are they "universally" sized? (Both tractors have the quick-attach buckets).
You should strongly consider the EA "wicked grapple".
EA will not be the cheapest, and may still have a significant production backlog, so plan accordingly.
From my experience, EA makes the best of nearly everything.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
SSQA is SSQA so yes it will fit.

Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
EA will not be the cheapest, and may still have a significant production backlog, so plan accordingly.
I will say I am very happy with mine. Well worth the wait of 4 months. From an engineering standpoint, they make some nice kit.

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I will say I am very happy with mine. Well worth the wait of 4 months. From an engineering standpoint, they make some nice kit.
What he said X 2.

Even with my wife on the tractor, she couldn’t hurt the EA Wicked 72 root grapple. (Not a female thing, just in-experienced🫣)

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
It will work fine plain and simple like someone already mentioned you might need to switch out the hydraulic connections to match what's on your new tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd have thought the grapple would have been fitted with 'Kubota compatible', aka SAME connectors as a stock Kubota. It doesn't make any sense to change the tractor to fit the grapple.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I'd have thought the grapple would have been fitted with 'Kubota compatible', aka SAME connectors as a stock Kubota. It doesn't make any sense to change the tractor to fit the grapple.
The OP has not bought a grapple yet!
If he orders from EA, and tells them what hydraulic couplers he wants, they will accommodate his needs.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The OP has not bought a grapple yet!
If he orders from EA, and tells them what hydraulic couplers he wants, they will accommodate his needs.
As will most sellers. The actual couplers found on a Kubota will depend on the third function "kit" installed by the dealer. They are not all the same.

Dan

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Congratulations on your new tractor.
Any SSQA attachment should fit. Be careful as your tractor is more powerful than your friend’s and there are many kinds and quality of grapples.

Have a EA 55” grapple for the B26 that is absolutely a dream to use. Same grapple will fit the M59 but is not designed for higher HP tractor. EA does make heavier grapple for heavier tractors.

Agree EA makes very fine equipment that outperforms the competition. Good, knowledgeable, and helpful folks.

Attachments

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
EA has really cut down their wait times, ordered mine in November and picked it up in Early February.

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
It should. I know EA puts their actuators outside the SSQA clamps. When I bought mine for the BX, I originally asked for the 48" grapple, and they called and explained that the smallest for the SSQA is 55" because of how they mount the actuators.

I bought a grapple from them for my BX. I liked that they called me and had me take measurements before they started to build it. They had me measure the hydraulic fittings and send them pictures of how I mounted the 3rd function valve. When it came, I drove the tractor down my 1700-ft driveway w/o the bucket on the FEL.
I declined having to pay extra for labor to unload the grapple, so I just raised the FEL to the trailer bed height and drove it under the clamps, picked it up, locked the pins, cut the pallet bands and let the pallet fall back down onto the trailer bed.
I love my "wicked". It is wider (55") than the FEL and it has to be to allow room for the actuators. That was something I discussed with the guy that would be building it.
I am buying a new L4802 with loader and third function. I want a grapple in the future, but after buying the tractor, I will need some time to recover funds. I have a friend with a L2501, and a grapple. He said he is fine with me borrowing his grapple until I can buy my own. Does anyone know if a grapple that fits the L2501 will fit on a L4802 (or L4701)? Are they "universally" sized? (Both tractors have the quick-attach buckets).
It should. I know EA puts their actuators outside the SSQA clamps. When I bought mine for the BX, I originally asked for the 48" grapple, and they called and explained that the smallest for the SSQA is 55" because of how they mount the actuators.
That is what I like about EA. Though I can't say for sure, I go the impression that he was building my grapple to order. I sent him pictures of my 3rd function and the size of my fittings.
I live atop an 18-acre hill with a steep 1700 ft driveway. I had the shipper stop at the bottom and I drove the tractor down the hill w/o the bucket on the FEL. I did not want to pay for somebody to man-handle the grapple, so I just drove up to the trailer, raised the FEL to the deck height and drove the SSQA right up under the clamps, lifted the grapple and pallet off the bed. I cut the bands and let the pallet fall back on the trailer. I connected the hydraulics, and I was on my way up the hill.
I ordered it in late Oct of 2021 and it came early April of 22.
I love my grapple and EA.

Attachments