A new cover for my BX

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Well, you garage snobs can keep snobbing, but I really like my new cover. TRIGGER WARNING! IT'S SHOWN ON A MASSEY! KUBOTA FANBOYS SHOULD NOT CLICK THAT LINK! 🤪

Seems to be really good quality, and frankly, I can't figure it out for the price. 95 bucks. I'll take it! (y)

Put it on for the first time today. Heavy duty. Appears to be well made. IT has 3 straps to hold it down; one in the front and two in the operator station. Should hold it in a pretty good win.

Not as good as a garage, obviously, but a whole lot better than fighting with tarps!

side view.jpg

Front view 2.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Looks like a GREAT solution and I like the fact you USE your tractor and you're not afraid to take pictures of it 'fresh from field' !!

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Looks like a GREAT solution and I like the fact you USE your tractor and you're not afraid to take pictures of it 'fresh from field' !!
"Different strokes for different folks"
I find tarps/covers to be a very rudimentary/unsatisfactory solution.

"I like the fact" that when not in use,..... I use a tightly enclosed structure to protect my tractor investment from the elements, and destructive little critters!
To replace my Kubota L48 TLB today (L47) would likely cost North of $60K.

I also do not cover/tarp cars, or airplanes!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Let me know when you are ready to contribute to my garage fund.
As mentioned above, many many years ago my mother trained me to put my toys away.
I learned early on, to save some $ to provide for appropriate storage, before buying toys.
For me, ...no place for safe keeping = do not buy it.
Goes for cars/planes/boats/tractors.
You should seriously consider funding your own storage, as I highly doubt that you will find a sugar daddy to pay.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I could easily see that as a viable solution/aid for your tractor when used at another location (with no enclosure) and your tractor may be left there from overnight to who knows how long. It might be a wood lot, lake lot, rental property, future residential building site, etc. It would keep the rain and blinding sun off the seat, hoses, dash, etc. between uses.

The one picture almost makes it look similar to a snowmobile cover put on backwards (windshield end over the tractor seat).

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I've always wanted to construct a "Bow Roof Shed" such as This, .....but space on a shed wall or floor never seems to open up to allow for a jig to make the arched bows. It'd make a nice greenhouse in the spring/summer and cheap storage in the winter. Instead of greenhouse plastic....one could cover it lengthwise with traditional steel roofing, or whatever tickled your fancy. In most areas they wouldn't be considered a permanent structure.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have one that I stored my BX in, and it didn't survive the 70 MPH winds that we had last week. I dread the thought of what a new cover for it will cost. I am guessing between $2500 - $3000. It is 10' high, about 18' wide, and 25' long. It has a 10-year cover that is about 5 or 6 years old, but the replacements are prorated at the cost at the time of purchase.

• Wow

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I built one similar to that using 1 1/2" PVC electrical conduit and a billboard tarp. Lasted about 3 years, but collapsed under 20" of very wet snow. It was fun digging my BX out of there.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Well, you garage snobs can keep snobbing, but I really like my new cover. TRIGGER WARNING! IT'S SHOWN ON A MASSEY! KUBOTA FANBOYS SHOULD NOT CLICK THAT LINK! 🤪

Seems to be really good quality, and frankly, I can't figure it out for the price. 95 bucks. I'll take it! (y)

Put it on for the first time today. Heavy duty. Appears to be well made. IT has 3 straps to hold it down; one in the front and two in the operator station. Should hold it in a pretty good win.

Not as good as a garage, obviously, but a whole lot better than fighting with tarps!

View attachment 85263

View attachment 85264
On a bit of a side note, I find my cordless blower a great rig for getting rid of the dust and dirt.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I almost bought one of the shelterlogic fabric covered poles. Several homes on my road had them. Seemed great, the year i moved in. Later that year the winter absolutely trashed two of them, and it wasn't even that bad of a winter. That changed my mind. I didnt have the money for a traditional stand alone garage. I ended up with one of those all steel buildings, quanset hut style (I probably didn't spell that right) and it's great. Affordable, my brother and I installed it in a weekend. It will take 165 mph winds and 90lbs/foot snow load. Won't see anything like that in central mass lol.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I have a ShelterLogic. Or what's left of it, anyway. They have different grades, and the cheap ones are garbage. I had one of their canopy styles. Didn't survive a 6" snow. The legs folded.

I also have one of their garages 9or what's left of it), the alpine style. While it lived, it shed some pretty heavy snow with no problem. The heavier ones are... well, it depends on your climate and where you put them.. Mine did fine, even with high winds, until a large falling branch ripped it open. Once that happened, the wind got inside and did the rest. Made the mistake of doing that twice. Lost a lot of stuff, including irreplaceable mementos.

Don't put one under a tree!

Those quonset huts are pretty strong, I hear. I keep looking for a used one....

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
IMHO mice, rats, squirrels, quill chuckers and all sorts of wire eating/seat eating/crap depositing critters love anything tarped.
Can get costly wickedly quick.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
. Those quonset huts are pretty strong, I hear. I keep looking for a used one....
I don't think you are going to find one, they last forever. Also most people install them on a concrete slab it's fairly permanent. I got mine from steel master buildings. Check it out. Not sure what the prices are these days.