A l ittle prayer for our friends in the GWN

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I am not getting any shots anytime soon. I am not a lab rat or a crash test dummy. None of the vaccines have had much testing prior to being rolled out. Noone really knows the long-term side effects yet to my knowledge. Noone knows how long the vaccine is effective for, assuming it's effective. That in itself is an assumption. I asked the doctor about it a while back and doc said that it's effectiveness (at that time) was 78%. Does that mean 12% are still going to get it or does that mean there is a 12% chance I'm going to get it or does that mean the symptoms are 12% less severe than without? There was no clear answer.

There are many unanswered questions. Hence, many unknowns. For that reason alone a lot of folks will call it a hoax. There might be some truth to that. I don't know. I know this: I didn't let it slow me down. And certainly didn't let it stop me from helping and praying for those who don't have a choice.

GF and I butt heads all the time about this and she is the first so gripe about me carrying it. Well even if I were vaccinated I'm still gonna carry it regardless, just like flu, I get the flu shot every year and I still get sick and still pass it on to others close to me. I've had the rona twice and pretty sure I can't get it a third time. If I could, pretty sure I would have gotten it already. First time was a little rough, fever felt kinda bad but it didn't stop me. Slowed me down. Second time was a cake walk but the worst part was I couldn't taste steak (or anything else). Second worst part was having to quarantine, meaning I couldn't even go to work. Mandatory 10 day vacation and no projects to work with at the house. That sucked. So I went fishing instead. 8 out of 10 days. Freezer is FULL. She had her vaccine done and had a reaction to the 2nd shot like a lot of folks have. They gave her a some more drugs to offset the side effects. Makes you wonder who's benefiting from this deal.
I really don't understand your reasoning. Yes even if you have the vaccine there is still a small percentage that you may still get the virus but there is a 100% chance you will not be hospitalized and a 100% chance your won't die from it. You say you've had covid twice now and made it through without being overly sick from it but how many people did you pass it to that may not be so lucky? Also nobody knows what the long term effects of having had the virus will be and just to be clear I hope you don't as I would never wish sickness on anyone. We all have a right to our beliefs and I'm sorry but IMHO I do believe yours to be selfish, just my option and I've been wrong more times than I care to admit.

When my wife and I got our vaccine we received an email stating that we received them and also to print it and make copies. Just a guess and rumors but I believe that later on people who decide not to get vaccinated will find they will have trouble getting on public transit and being allowed in some stores without proof to which I'm all for. It's one thing to put your own health in danger but to put others in danger is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Keep on keeping on my friend, I wish you nothing but good health.