72" Belly Deck Spring

dmoore

Equipment
2006 B7800, RC72-BA 72" mid mount mower, RB 1672 72" rear blade
Feb 8, 2010
Exmore,Virginia
So after installing a new PTO universal joint (GEAR BOX END) I was thinking back about the time my belt tensioner bracket broke in half, the 1/4" arm that the belt tensioner pulley mounts to. I greased it too much! Ha! Not really, I must have skipped that zirk a few times because when I released the belt tension it was frozen and would not move. Anyone else ever have this problem? So I remember what PIA that spring was to release and wondering how you guys do it? Also when I did try and shoot some grease in that zirk yesterday it was extremely hard and more came out around the zirk than through it. I don't want a repeat of a few years ago so I will remove the zirk fitting and investigate why.

dmoore

Equipment
2006 B7800, RC72-BA 72" mid mount mower, RB 1672 72" rear blade
Feb 8, 2010
Exmore,Virginia
You know that crossed my mind. I guess I didn't do it not wanting to stretch the belt but that belt has seen a lot of stress in 800 hours! Thanks!

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
You know that crossed my mind. I guess I didn't do it not wanting to stretch the belt but that belt has seen a lot of stress in 800 hours! Thanks!
You won’t hurt it. I do it on our F mowers at work. It’s about the only way to get that spring/idler undone.