7100 HST Radiator

Bill hopkins

Equipment
7100 kubota
May 23, 2022
Ga
Hi fellows, Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between radiators for 7100 HST models and non HST models? Reason is I am looking to replace mine (HST model) and I running in tro.finding one that I can afford. The non HST models seem to be priced lower? Thax in advance,Bill

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Hi fellows, Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between radiators for 7100 HST models and non HST models? Reason is I am looking to replace mine (HST model) and I running in tro.finding one that I can afford. The non HST models seem to be priced lower? Thax in advance,Bill
Looking at the parts diagrams on Kubotausa com, they look the same to me. There are four different B7100HSTs listed, double-check me.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Different Kubota part numbers. The HST has an oil cooler that bolts to the radiator - my guess is the non-HST radiator does not have any provision for that oil cooler. Aftermarket radiators may all be the same. Messicks wants $500 so its not killer bad.

Dan

Bill hopkins

Equipment
7100 kubota
May 23, 2022
Ga
Different Kubota part numbers. The HST has an oil cooler that bolts to the radiator - my guess is the non-HST radiator does not have any provision for that oil cooler. Aftermarket radiators may all be the same. Messicks wants $500 so its not killer bad.

Dan
From my view- the bracket looks the same just not tapped for the cooler to bolt up. Your also correct in that a fiver wouldn't be a deal breaker- But this boy was not taken care of, prior to me. I am planning to replace cooler as well, kinda looks like operator was looking for stuff to hit. After I replace rad. & cooler- I look to fab up a grill of some kind for protection up front. I'll post pics.as I go,, just takes more time than it used too..haha

Kenonf

Equipment
B7100 hst, l4200dt,b2920
Oct 22, 2019
Florida
I was able to get my radiator re-cored at a radiator shop. However I believe the operator of said shop knew what the radiator was for and conveniently it ended up $50 bucks less that buying new, and no shipping. Now it has a warranty, that helps take the sting out of it.
If you want to keep the tractor spend the bucks, its kind of nice to have a diesel that I don't have to put DEF in.

Bill hopkins

Equipment
7100 kubota
May 23, 2022
Ga
I was able to get my radiator re-cored at a radiator shop. However I believe the operator of said shop knew what the radiator was for and conveniently it ended up $50 bucks less that buying new, and no shipping. Now it has a warranty, that helps take the sting out of it.
If you want to keep the tractor spend the bucks, its kind of nice to have a diesel that I don't have to put DEF in.
We have a radiator shop not far from me- when you say re-core,, did they replace the middle part ( fins,and tubes) mine is kinda beat up - haven't taken it to them yet for a price to fix it. The new ones are close to $ 500,,wow...

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
We have a radiator shop not far from me- when you say re-core,, did they replace the middle part ( fins,and tubes) mine is kinda beat up - haven't taken it to them yet for a price to fix it. The new ones are close to $ 500,,wow...
Re-coreing a radiator involves removing the top and bottom tanks as well as mounting brackets, etc., from the old radiator and installing such onto a new core (fins, tubes, etc.).

Bill hopkins

Equipment
7100 kubota
May 23, 2022
Ga
Re-coreing a radiator involves removing the top and bottom tanks as well as mounting brackets, etc., from the old radiator and installing such onto a new core (fins, tubes, etc.).
Thanks for the info..