700 hr. Kubota BX- Changing the engine oil and showing worn out/broken parts (Giving a 700 hour review)

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Hey guys made this quick video of changing the oil on my Kubota BX. It has 700 very hard worked hours on it so I also walk you guys around and give you my opinion on how things have been holding up and showing you which parts are worn out and need replacement after 700Hrs.

Let me know if any of you have had similar issues with your Kubota BX and how many hours were on it when the given part/s failed!

Mine is a 2013 bx2370 with an LA344 loader.

Link:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Hey guys made this quick video of changing the oil on my Kubota BX. It has 700 very hard worked hours on it so I also walk you guys around and give you my opinion on how things have been holding up and showing you which parts are worn out and need replacement after 700Hrs.

Let me know if any of you have had similar issues with your Kubota BX and how many hours were on it when the given part/s failed!

Mine is a 2013 bx2370 with an LA344 loader.

Link:

Interesting video but with some (as usual) bad information.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
700 hours, that thing is not sitting around! nice work
thanks for video biff, still love the stack that thing cracks me up
I replaced tie rods and boots as well, my machine is also around 800 hours. I used the poly ones on ebay you referenced. I think Paul and Kathy Short also may sell a good set too.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
you watch lawn mower videos? must be a slow day on the hobby farm....

I read ALL posts and watch some video's.

Slow day, not really. Cleaning and servicing equipment today. Wanna come over and help?

When running forage, equipment must be serviced after every use. after every use. Some knives need replaced and some baler work to do.... before August. I still need to chop the fields and apply 46 Urea.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I get a chuckle out of the vertical exhaust pipe and I especially like the tarp strap securing it from rattling. I think I'd invest in a band clamp over the pipe where it interfaces with the lower pipe. The tarp strap looks 'tacky'.... :p

Little bit of misinformation too... Using gear oil (which I always have) in the front axle does nothing for power transmission to the wheels (contrary to his comment). All the gear oil does is provide better shock cushioning for any shock load imparted to the gears in the FWA. It has an EP additive but so does Kubota fluid. I use it strictly for the shock load mitigation.

If I were him, I'd take a hard look at aftermarket tie rod ends. The OEM ends have no grease fittings, the aftermarket ones do and they are less expensive to boot.

I'd also replace all the boots which isn't a problem on my units as they sit much, much higher and I don't run over stuff, except uncut hay and high windrows when bailing.

One item I don't believe he realizes and that is, the tie rod ends are a separate part from the adjustment rod / radial joint that interfaces with the steering ram. That is a separate part and it's quite expensive to purchase. The issue with them is, if the boot gets torn, it allows dirt and grit to enter the radial joint and it will get sloppy and there is no turning back other than replacement. They aren't grease able, only the retained grease in the boot lubricates the joint, why it's important to keep the boots on that joint intact at all times.

Finally he discusses his bucket's shortcomings. With my units (but maybe not his, I don't know), Kubota offers different buckets. The one he has is a material, light duty bucket. I run excavation buckets on mine. They are substantially stronger (heavier gauge material) and have stiffening plates welded to the bottom and on the sides whereas the material buckets don't.

My buckets are stout enough that they handle my bucket hay spear and load 1000 pound plus bales without any flex whatsoever.