6060 hstc

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
okay guys, here is a current list of implements I have and will be keeping, I'm going from a 4060 open to a 6060 cab.

pallet forks
bale spear
SGC 1072 grapple
light duty bucket with hooks (might trade for 4 in 1)
SA20 hydraulic post hole digger (FEL mount)
reverse tine tiller 72"
1872 rotary cutter
1272 box blade (really unimpressed with it's cutting ability, thinking about changing this one)

with the basic 6060 cab, I'm getting the following implements and options
air ride seat
3rd function with single lever quick connect
backhoe with hydraulic thumb, 12" and 36" buckets and quick connect
R4 tires, filled (I'm going to ask about larger like is on the MX series R4s)
LED lights on the cab front and back and one on each side with a bar up front.
radio w/bluetooth dealer recommended I bring them a stereo of my choice for them to install, said theirs suck.
3 rear remotes, but which kind???? (double acting or float detent?)
Quick Hitch
drawbar clevis
4 in 1, maybe, it's about 2100 bucks.....don't know if it's worth it since I have the grapple already.

I'd have the TnT but I can't with the backhoe, and the backhoe is obviously priority.

for new implements I want:
sprayer, wide for pasture bugs and weed management
spreader, grass seeding
heavier or better box blade, I'm taking recommendations here, I'm looking for performance that this thing can handle
land planer, again recommendations please.
24" auger for SA20 (have a 9" currently)
landscape rake, dealer said 6' is the biggest they sell, I'd like much wider, like 8', thoughts or recommendations here?
disc? we have cows, so it would be nice to be able to turn some of those landmines into the dirt
drag harrow, thoughts and recommendations?

anything else I should look at?
we currently maintain a 20 acre plot with horses and cows and chickens. however this is a long term tractor purchase and I want to get anything and everything I could possibly want with it. any other implements, or don't bother with suggestions. we intend in the next 10 years to pickup a large piece of land nearby, 100 acres or more. I've talked myself out of the M62 because of the "while it's powerful, no cab option, no air ride, and not really designed for field work or 3 point attachments."
next year we will be getting a CTL, probably kubota. so that will fill the FEL being on the weaker side of things and allow the better half and I to really get some work done with both machines simultaneously.

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
Christmas at venoms house.
I have a 6060 as well, traded up from a 4060.

Any of the dealer installed options, remotes, wipers, lights are cheaper at the time of purchase. I wish I had done my remotes, rear wiper and defroster when I bought the tractor. They seem to be able to eat a little on the cost of those dealer installed things when therye trying to sell you a tractor, but once you have one, your paying full book price for the add ons.

Id really love the air ride seat.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
okay guys, here is a current list of implements I have and will be keeping, I'm going from a 4060 open to a 6060 cab.

pallet forks
bale spear
SGC 1072 grapple
light duty bucket with hooks (might trade for 4 in 1)
SA20 hydraulic post hole digger (FEL mount)
reverse tine tiller 72"
1872 rotary cutter
1272 box blade (really unimpressed with it's cutting ability, thinking about changing this one)

with the basic 6060 cab, I'm getting the following implements and options
air ride seat
3rd function with single lever quick connect
backhoe with hydraulic thumb, 12" and 36" buckets and quick connect
R4 tires, filled (I'm going to ask about larger like is on the MX series R4s)
LED lights on the cab front and back and one on each side with a bar up front.
radio w/bluetooth dealer recommended I bring them a stereo of my choice for them to install, said theirs suck.
3 rear remotes, but which kind???? (double acting or float detent?)
Quick Hitch
drawbar clevis
4 in 1, maybe, it's about 2100 bucks.....don't know if it's worth it since I have the grapple already.

I'd have the TnT but I can't with the backhoe, and the backhoe is obviously priority.

for new implements I want:
sprayer, wide for pasture bugs and weed management
spreader, grass seeding
heavier or better box blade, I'm taking recommendations here, I'm looking for performance that this thing can handle
land planer, again recommendations please.
24" auger for SA20 (have a 9" currently)
landscape rake, dealer said 6' is the biggest they sell, I'd like much wider, like 8', thoughts or recommendations here?
disc? we have cows, so it would be nice to be able to turn some of those landmines into the dirt
drag harrow, thoughts and recommendations?

anything else I should look at?
we currently maintain a 20 acre plot with horses and cows and chickens. however this is a long term tractor purchase and I want to get anything and everything I could possibly want with it. any other implements, or don't bother with suggestions. we intend in the next 10 years to pickup a large piece of land nearby, 100 acres or more. I've talked myself out of the M62 because of the "while it's powerful, no cab option, no air ride, and not really designed for field work or 3 point attachments."
next year we will be getting a CTL, probably kubota. so that will fill the FEL being on the weaker side of things and allow the better half and I to really get some work done with both machines simultaneously.
For your rear remotes, get at least 2 of them with the float feature. You can use them with the "T&T" set that you will not get from Kubota. ;)

No reason to not have "T&T", just don't get the Kubota set.

You need a box blade similar to this or it's equal.

A land plane grading scraper like this. A 7 footer would be perfect.

If you have roads and trails to be built, you need a good rear blade.

Maybe a spike tooth harrow?

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
The reason I traded the tractor was specifically the loader. I do a ton of logging with mine; I did about 40 cords last weekend. The 1055 is noticeably more stout with a big log in the grapple than the smaller loader was. The smaller loader could pick it up, but with a long heavy log the loader would visibly twist over rough ground.
If I had to do it again I would have had the dealer installed options all at the dealer as part of the initial purchase. The biggest one is the rear defroster kit. While It seems like a ton of money, part of the kit is the 130Amp alternator so that you're not struggling on the stock 60amp. Now I have enough juice for the electronic stuff I'm doing in the cab, Stereo, various charger, the work lights, the headlights, wipers... I can run them all together and not kill the battery. I do plan to go to LED work lights so that will lower the draw for those. I also plan to put a flasher bar on top for when I'm snow blowing. It would totally suck to get hit by cross traffic when clearing driveways.

Last edited:

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
good info on the defroster upgrading the alternator. I'm an LED nut, there is absolutely nothing like them in my mind.

so is there anything else I'm missing or should get?

what about the 4 in 1, should I get it or no, and wait for the skid steer and get one for it?