4300DT PTO help

bwblack

Sep 16, 2018
My PTO is taking a long time to engage. Dealer says it’s clutch driven. Once it engages, there is no issues. Is there an adjustment I can make other than a clutch replacement?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I don't know what you mean by a long time to engage. If it is not slipping during use the clutch is probably fine. Do you mean after depressing the clutch it takes awhile before you can engage the PTO or is the PTO slow to come up to speed after releasing the clutch? Are you sure you're using the correct transmission / hydraulic fluid?

bwblack

Sep 16, 2018
I don't know what you mean by a long time to engage. If it is not slipping during use the clutch is probably fine. Do you mean after depressing the clutch it takes awhile before you can engage the PTO or is the PTO slow to come up to speed after releasing the clutch? Are you sure you're using the correct transmission / hydraulic fluid?
When I engage the pto it may take a min to start turning or it may take 20 min. It’s more like an engaging issue than a clutch issue. I’m not sure how it engages. The cable is fully moving the arm on the side of the transmission. I’m going to change the filter and see if that helps.