4060 LE with cab,

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ

Looks like a BH92 backhoe would be the Kubota model. Also check this Messicks video:

I could paraphrase the whole video by saying "fitting backhoes to a machine without one is harder than it looks. The subframes are all unique, the hydraulic plumbing is fiddly, and getting one second hand may mean it doesn't fit your machine."

If you're going to buy a brand new backhoe to put on the machine, that's very likely to work. If you're looking for a second hand backhoe, a) they're not that easy to find, and b) you have to make really certain that you get all the bits - if you have to go to a dealer to get a few bits you're missing you'll quickly get to a point where you would have been better off with a new one.

And with all that, you may end up where I did with my BX2350. I bought without a loader, then put a brand new loader on it. But a brand new loader on a second hand machine isn't worth any more than a second hand loader on a second hand machine. So you lose a lot of money quickly. That's not an issue if you're buying it to use it. But if you care about resale (i.e. getting your money back), be careful.

EDIT: The other option is a 3ph backhoe. There are reasons they're less good than a factory/OEM one, but they're also much more likely to connect successfully - they're made to go on a range of tractors. There's a Messicks video out there going through why and why not to get a 3ph one. I believe Woods are the go-to for 3ph backhoes.

EDIT 2: https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/l60.pdf. Looks like BH77 for the ROPS models, BH92 for cab model. The BH92 goes out behind the cab, so actually in some ways more similar to a 3ph model (i.e. you're not trying to swing your seat around like you would on a ROPS model).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I have the BH92 and have been very happy with it. Although it’s not a TLB it’s a beast IMO.

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
9F6632B5-3B12-4904-B23E-53CB861CAAB4.jpeg
bh92 backhoe, bh4999 mount kit, and bh4982 mount kit.

Pokey1416 did you use the cab spacers on your backhoe? I just finished mounting mine, and I don't think I'm going to use them. I had the backhoe on a rops model before I bought my cab. I never pushed the seat to the back mount holes. I finished mounting my new cab model, and fit the backhoe on there without the spacers. Everything still fits and clears. I don't like the idea of the backhoe hanging any further out than necessary as it reduces the ground approach clearance.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Mine came from dealer with spacers and I moved seat to back position. I agree though on your thoughts about decreasing length to help with departure angle.

It might be a little easier for me to squeeze in and check hydraulic oil and grease 3PH cylinders but that’s minimal time in the scheme of things.

Enjoy - it’s great having your own BH.

02A30906-A22C-435B-9524-0779E1BB47DA.jpeg

JDChase

Equipment
Grand L6040 HSTC, XG 850, B 26 TLB, Z 726 zero turn.
Mar 13, 2022
Greeneville, TN
Just got my 4060 back from the dealer with BH 92 mounted, and something doesn't seem right, the thing hangs so far out the tires look half flat and it's really squirrely on any side grade, not to mention going uphill, even slightly. I am not really happy with my machine, seems Kubota got a little carried away with retro fitting to many things, this machine was not meant to have a backhoe, its a farm machine and left that way its probably a decent one, really wish I had bought an L47 TLB.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Assuming the dealer used the spacers. I've gotten used to backing up hills that are steep. I haven't had any problems but I have noticed if I have forks on the FEL instead of the HD bucket w cutting bar, I'm too light on the front and it tends to move too much when using the BH. Kubotafreak took his spacers out. I will take a side shot of mine w spacers and maybe he will without - to give you an idea.

When lowering or raising outriggers I stand between tire and outrigger, same if moving boom/dipper to line up the QA bucket. I feel it's safer in case I was to inadvertently move the boom and hit myself (if I was in front of the stabilizers, just IMO).

Having a shorter overall length could be advantageous though.

Good luck.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Here’s my side shot and pics of the mounts.
B6A02165-4BE8-4898-9409-0425538528DF.jpeg B7DECEF0-63A8-4DE3-A625-CDA9C18DDABE.jpeg 44C807C8-F966-4494-AF7D-22BCEC8DFDAB.jpeg

JDChase

Equipment
Mar 13, 2022
Greeneville, TN

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I don't know the answer to that, it might be in the WSM? I've had a great experience with my BH92, it is not a dedicated TLB or a mini, but it's done everything I've wanted it to do.

JDChase

Equipment
Mar 13, 2022
Greeneville, TN
I don't know the answer to that, it might be in the WSM? I've had a great experience with my BH92, it is not a dedicated TLB or a mini, but it's done everything I've wanted it to do.
Well, I am going to give this a while to try and learn to use it. I have always had TLBs This machine reminds me of one of those TS's with a VCR and a CD player! they do many things and they are very convenient but they don't do any one of them really good. What size bucket are you using? and what is your soil like?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Just got my 4060 back from the dealer with BH 92 mounted, and something doesn't seem right, the thing hangs so far out the tires look half flat and it's really squirrely on any side grade, not to mention going uphill, even slightly. I am not really happy with my machine, seems Kubota got a little carried away with retro fitting to many things, this machine was not meant to have a backhoe, its a farm machine and left that way its probably a decent one, really wish I had bought an L47 TLB.
Reality sucks

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Well, I am going to give this a while to try and learn to use it. I have always had TLBs This machine reminds me of one of those TS's with a VCR and a CD player! they do many things and they are very convenient but they don't do any one of them really good. What size bucket are you using? and what is your soil like?
I have an 18" tooth bucket and a 16" flat face. I've only used the tooth bucket as the 16" just arrived after 10 months. I have a lot of clay. I run the tractor at near WOT or WOT when I'm using the BH. I also spend a little time in the spring digging along the back of my property, for practice. Not sure it helps but it is relaxing and from the house it looks like I'm doing some work ;)

JDChase

Equipment
Mar 13, 2022
Greeneville, TN
I have an 18" tooth bucket and a 16" flat face. I've only used the tooth bucket as the 16" just arrived after 10 months. I have a lot of clay. I run the tractor at near WOT or WOT when I'm using the BH. I also spend a little time in the spring digging along the back of my property, for practice. Not sure it helps but it is relaxing and from the house it looks like I'm doing some work ;)
I think the 24" bucket is way too big for the soil type here, I am going to try and get an 18" bucket from my dealer today. Thanks for the help!

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
When I ordered my L4060 HSTC I checked with Woods to see if they have a subframe for the BH70-X that is on my B2410 and they do make one, just takes 6 months to get one. It also works for their current line of backhoes for these models. The subframe install takes about 4-6 hours to install, and the rear wheels do need to come off unless you are a good contortionist.