3rd function valve, front and rear remote thoughts

meridien

Equipment
2017 L3301HST, LA525, RCR1260
Aug 11, 2021
SE Indiana
I have an L3301HST, and i want to add front and rear remotes. Rear for a hydraulic top link, and front for running a grapple.

I'm considering the EA 3rd function valve kit to add the basic functionality that I need. But I want to make it more useful so some additions are needed.

I think a diverter valve, added to the 3rd function valve, will allow me to run either front or rear remote, but obviously not both at the same time.

Because the electric solenoid in the 3rd function valve doesn't allow feathering of the flow, it makes sense to install flow restrictors on the output of the 3rd function valve prior to reaching the diverter. That will slow down the top link and the grapple lid to a more manageable speed. If I pick up a snow push blade with hydraulic angle control, the blade will move in a more controllable manner.

Since I'm not a hydraulic expert, any thoughts on this plan?

meridien

Equipment
2017 L3301HST, LA525, RCR1260
Aug 11, 2021
SE Indiana
And I still want to be able to disconnect and remove the loader, so I'll need to use couplers on those 2 lines from the diverter.

I'll need to fab a mount for the diverter so that it can stay on the tractor when the loader is removed. That way I can still run the hydraulic top link with the box blade.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have an L3301HST, and i want to add front and rear remotes. Rear for a hydraulic top link, and front for running a grapple.

I'm considering the EA 3rd function valve kit to add the basic functionality that I need. But I want to make it more useful so some additions are needed.

I think a diverter valve, added to the 3rd function valve, will allow me to run either front or rear remote, but obviously not both at the same time.

Because the electric solenoid in the 3rd function valve doesn't allow feathering of the flow, it makes sense to install flow restrictors on the output of the 3rd function valve prior to reaching the diverter. That will slow down the top link and the grapple lid to a more manageable speed. If I pick up a snow push blade with hydraulic angle control, the blade will move in a more controllable manner.

Since I'm not a hydraulic expert, any thoughts on this plan?
Check back in a day or so and I may have something of interest.

Dan

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
On my 23s i decided to have the dealer install a third function and then just hard lines to a set of fittings at the rear. if you click on my profile i have a thread about it. it works great.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
does that series tractor have an option for REAL, fulltime remotes ? fulltime is always better than parttime(switched) remotes.
The BX23S can have 2 fulltimes added,give fulltime grapple and fulltime toplink, both available 24/7.... so I'd think the L series should have 'options'.
Any electronics tech can get a solenoid to 'feather', takes about $5 worth of parts, heck dang box to put it in costs more than the puter and parts....

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
does that series tractor have an option for REAL, fulltime remotes ? fulltime is always better than parttime(switched) remotes.
The L2501, L3301, and L3901 can all be fitted with up to 3 remote valves. Or you can roll your own and get something a little better for a lot less $$$. As promised:

Almost OEM

Dan