3rd function remote question

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
I got the 3rd function remote on my tractor when I bought it. I use it for my snow blade that has 6 positions on it. The picture included is what? Diverter? Power beyond? I don't know, but what ever it is, is it possible to make hoses to run from it to the rear of the tractor to run a rear snow blowers rotation/deflector? Or a hydraulic top link, etc? I know nothing about hydraulics so any help is appreciated. The size of the connectors on this diverter are bigger than any of the others on the tractor. Anyone have a guess as to what size they might be? FYI, I have the cab model.

Attachments

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
So far so good. Now to wrap my head around the functions I will get by doing it this way. Currently the controller for the 3rd function has two buttons on my hydraulic control handle. The top button angles the snow blade to the left and the bottom button angles it to the right (no levers).

So to use this on a Hydraulic top link, I would need both hoses connected to my top link, correct? One button will extend it out and the other button would retract it??

If used for a rear snow blower I couldn't do both rotation of the chute and angle the deflector. The way I see it, I could only do one of those functions. Either top button to turn chute to the right and button to turn the chute to the left.

Or, deflector up and down with each button.

Am I correct on the way I see this?

Thanks

Reactions: 1 user

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Yes, that's correct. Personally, I would hook up the lines to be able to rotate the chute on your snowblower. That's the one I use most.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
And for the chute deflection....a 12v DC Linear Actuator hooked up to a switch inside your cab for up/down deflection. Much less expensive and easy to do!

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Dae06, if you're leaning towards a linear actuator for you're chute deflection I can take some pics of mine for you. It's not too complicated to figure out the length of the actuator needed or the mounting of any actuator to get the full deflection of your chute. Once you're able to change it, it really is handy to have when you don't have to spend much to have that capability. The wiring can be really simple, also.
I see your in Mn. I'm just across the border in ND. We might be really close neighbors?

Dae06

May 10, 2018
Minnesota
Dae06, if you're leaning towards a linear actuator for you're chute deflection I can take some pics of mine for you. It's not too complicated to figure out the length of the actuator needed or the mounting of any actuator to get the full deflection of your chute. Once you're able to change it, it really is handy to have when you don't have to spend much to have that capability. The wiring can be really simple, also.
I see your in Mn. I'm just across the border in ND. We might be really close neighbors?
I’d love to see some pictures. I’m still looking into what to do

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I’d love to see some pictures. I’m still looking into what to do
Here's a few pics of my setup. I need to sandblast and repaint my 30 year old Lorenz blower.
Linear Actuator.jpg Deflector Bracket.jpg 4 inch Stroke.jpg Cord Stand.jpg
The actuator stroke length is 4 inches and mounted so that the chute deflector is at full up and down at each end of the actuator's movement. The actuator also has it's own limit switches so that you can't over extend or retract it. I had to add that taller bracket onto the chute that the actuator mounts to so that at full extension the actuator doesn't bind on the chute itself. My cord stand with the spring keeps the actuator wiring in the clear as the chute rotates from side to side. It's a very simple install and electrical hookup.
Regards,
David