3rd Function on a L4760 HSTC

Birddog25

Mar 27, 2017
Defiance, Ohio
After much debate, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a L4760 hstc. I want to put a 3rd function on the loader. The loader joystick has the loader advance buttons on it. Searching through videos, I have found that all of the videos on installing the 3rd function kit are on non cabbed Kubotas. Does anyone have experience with putting a 3rd function on a cabbed Kubota? If so what kit did you go with? Did the new joystick have the 3rd function buttons as will as the loader advance?

I have tried to find pictures of the lands pride and wr long systems but couldn't find any. Heck I couldn't even find anything for a L4760 with a LA1055 loader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
When I purchased my L3560HSTC, I had the dealer put in the 3rd function and it works on the back side of the joy stick with a rocker control with my thumb. I'd put a picture, but I don't have on available. I'll take one later and post it for you.

Birddog25

Mar 27, 2017
Defiance, Ohio
When I purchased my L3560HSTC, I had the dealer put in the 3rd function and it works on the back side of the joy stick with a rocker control with my thumb. I'd put a picture, but I don't have on available. I'll take one later and post it for you.

Thanks, I would appreciate it

Birddog25

Mar 27, 2017
Defiance, Ohio
Interesting! Thanks Jajiu..........I am trying to plan a winter projects. My "hang up" from ordering all the parts and putting it together myself is the joystick. I believe the WR Long and Land Pride kits are one of the same. My winter list is growing. I want to add the 3rd function and 4 remotes on the back.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
On my 3560 I was told I could only have 3 rear remotes. I have one for my top link and 2 others for other implements. Seems to be enough for me. Good luck with your projects, hope everything works out.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Look at the loader assembly instruction for my M7040. I provide them only to show you what is available for do it yourself projects.

These instructions provide a clear picture of which hose goes where, different between a cab and a ROPS tractor.

Your dealer while have these loader installation instructions for your tractor and, regardless of the brand of third function you buy, these will help avoid a hose in the wrong place.

Dave

Attachments

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I have the Kubota 3rd function added to my L6060 cab so it would use the Kubota joy stick knob. Also wanted the Kubota valve and not LP or WR Long. Not saying they are not good. The wires to mine are tie strapped to the lever and not run through the tubing. It does not look tacky.

Birddog25

Mar 27, 2017
Defiance, Ohio
I have the Kubota 3rd function added to my L6060 cab so it would use the Kubota joy stick knob. Also wanted the Kubota valve and not LP or WR Long. Not saying they are not good. The wires to mine are tie strapped to the lever and not run through the tubing. It does not look tacky.
You are kind of reading my mind. That's the way I wanted to go is running it through the tube. Then want to mount the switch on the counter and not on the stick. Does the L6060 have the auto advance switch on the handle? I am thinking about ordering the parts from Summit and doing everything myself. I am just in the thinking stage.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Auto advance switch, hum. That caught me off guard, it does have one for the throttle correct? Oh well one other button I just learned I don't use. lol Mine is set with auto throttle and anti stall if reading the dash correctly and they work well for me even in my loader work. Will admit most of my fel hours have been put on by grandson.
I assume you mean the push button for turning on and off the 3rd function to be mounted in console..not aware of any negative issue with it being on when not being used or needed but I prefer it off when not needed. It is lite when on, just would want it easy to reach with finger and eyes. One advantage of it on the joy stick is when you want to use the 3rd function and are operating the fel to realize the valve is not on can reach it with right hand without releasing the joy stick. I rather have it on the joy stick for that reason.

Not sure I asked this here but got mixed thoughts on how it should work when I did ask somewhere else and you should ask if there is a difference in how the curl function works with each of the 3rd function valves. Sales person told me you could curl and use 3rd function at same time..the Kubota valve is not doing that for me. Using a grapple it would be help if they did. So you learn to pause the curl to tighten the grapple.