3rd function connections.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
My loader came with a 3rd function which I use for a log grapple on a pallet fork frame. I’m on and off often with it.
The connections were set up with the Female end on the implement. Male tips on the loader. A coloured zip tie kept it in the right order.
Well, pulling the collar back and making the connection takes both hands and with gloves on when very cold out was a pain. Especially with a bit of pressure in the lines (from daytime heating).
So I got a set of ‘push-pull’ female connectors and put them on the loader so plugging in or pulling the male tip should be easier (won’t solve the pressure buildup issue but I know that)
I learnt that this Quicke brand loader has British Standard Pipe hose connectors!!
I live in a small rural town (5000people). That’s 60 miles from a big town (7-8000 people). That’s 4 hours from the next largest city..... finding someone who even knew what or could remember the last rime they had any of these types of fittings was difficult. Good thing for the internet and courier companies that deliver to your door!!
Connecting and disconnecting the grapple should be a bit easier.
Plugs needed to keep the dirt and snow out is the only downside I can see to this order of connector.

Attachments

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
I did basically the same thing for the SAME REASON!
I installed two Pioneer 8250-4 Female couplers onto my loader frame, and two 8010-4 Male couplers onto my implement hoses.
I, too, use zipties to mark my hoses for proper hookup.
It is MUCH EASIER to push the male connectors into the solidly mounted female couplers this way!

Popgadget

Equipment
L6060
Mar 11, 2020
PA
This is what I have, it’s an easy one hand connection, does both hoses at once and is indexed so you can’t connect it backwards. Mine was an option from Kubota, but it’s made by Faster.