3pt trouble

Hayrob-M7060

Equipment
M7060
Jul 27, 2021
Mississippi
Ok guys, I have a M7060 with a cab and I’m having some problems with 3 point not going as low as it should. Originally noticed it with a couple different 3pt implements, I was always an inch or so too high, so I started putting blocks under my implements not trying to fix it and just thought that it was the tractor. Well now I just got a new sprayer and it’s very apparent there’s a problem. After looking around I finally noticed my 3 pt cylinders actually have about 2.5 inches of rod still showing when I have it at it’s lowest position. I know this isn’t right and I know it’s supposed to almost bottom out but I have no idea how to adjust it. I’ve talked to two different dealers and one answer I got was to mess with the feedback rod and try to lengthen it to go lower but he’d never done it and didn’t really know how to do it and the answer I got from the other guy was there is a knob on the left side under the seat that controls the height but he’s never messed with it either. What is the correct way to make these cylinders go all the way in? Thanks

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Ok guys, I have a M7060 with a cab and I’m having some problems with 3 point not going as low as it should. Originally noticed it with a couple different 3pt implements, I was always an inch or so too high, so I started putting blocks under my implements not trying to fix it and just thought that it was the tractor. Well now I just got a new sprayer and it’s very apparent there’s a problem. After looking around I finally noticed my 3 pt cylinders actually have about 2.5 inches of rod still showing when I have it at it’s lowest position. I know this isn’t right and I know it’s supposed to almost bottom out but I have no idea how to adjust it. I’ve talked to two different dealers and one answer I got was to mess with the feedback rod and try to lengthen it to go lower but he’d never done it and didn’t really know how to do it and the answer I got from the other guy was there is a knob on the left side under the seat that controls the height but he’s never messed with it either. What is the correct way to make these cylinders go all the way in? Thanks
Before adjusting the feedback, are you lowering both the position and draft controls?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
x3. Position control. My gut tells me there’s a simple solution.

If all else fails, there is likely another set of holes in the lower lift arms to attach the lift links. They will be a couple/few inches closer to the rear axle of the tractor.
It will lessen lift capacity a little, but the lower links will drop lower.

Last edited:

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
There may be an adjustable stop at the three point control lever preventing it from lowering all the way.. I know that sounds like a stupid oversight. I mention it because I've done it!!