3pt hitch kit L48

Debo

Equipment
Kubota L48
Sep 16, 2021
Maine
Hi, I'm looking for a complete 3pt hitch kit for my 2005 Kubota L48 at a reasonable price. I'm handicapped and Senior Citizen and went in with another Senior Citizen to get a tractor that could dig 10 feet and then remove the backhoe and put 3pt hitch on and make a garden to help feed a bunch of Senior Citizens with fresh food and vegetables... Kubota customer Service is useless!! I had to buy a repair manual off Ebay, but it only gives me the part numbers and not the measurements of the parts, I called many Kubota dealers and and none of them had any used parts, and only a couple of them looked up the price for me, but the price was Outrageously High!! So I need to find a used set or a Universal 3pt hitch kit that will fit my L48 tractor at a reasonable price, as I'm on Social Security Disability and on a low fixed income... I've spent the last year trying to find something that will work on my tractor so I can rent a tiller and seeder to plant a garden and I need to get a used box blade to maintain our dirt driveway... But I need the 3pt hitch kit first... Please send me links for either someone that has used kits, or someone who has a kit that fits my tractor. Because I can't afford the REDICULESS PRICE of $1,500.00 for a Kubota kit that Kubota says that Every L48 tractor Comes with all 3pt hitch pieces, but the company that bought the tractor said that it never came with the tractor! So the Dealer ripped off both the company and me and Kubota should track down who the dealer was and make them ship me the kit or loose the dealership for Kubota!! But Kubota doesn't care about anyone after they get the money for the tractor... Otherwise they would make it right and supply me with with the parts that is supposed to go with the tractor!! But I'm not going to hold my breath for them to do the right thing... So hoping that someone can help me get the parts that will fit quickly, so I can get the ground ready for next spring, so I can plant everything as soon as I get up here... Thanks in advance for the links...

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Hi, I'm looking for a complete 3pt hitch kit for my 2005 Kubota L48 at a reasonable price. I'm handicapped and Senior Citizen and went in with another Senior Citizen to get a tractor that could dig 10 feet and then remove the backhoe and put 3pt hitch on and make a garden to help feed a bunch of Senior Citizens with fresh food and vegetables... Kubota customer Service is useless!! I had to buy a repair manual off Ebay, but it only gives me the part numbers and not the measurements of the parts, I called many Kubota dealers and and none of them had any used parts, and only a couple of them looked up the price for me, but the price was Outrageously High!! So I need to find a used set or a Universal 3pt hitch kit that will fit my L48 tractor at a reasonable price, as I'm on Social Security Disability and on a low fixed income... I've spent the last year trying to find something that will work on my tractor so I can rent a tiller and seeder to plant a garden and I need to get a used box blade to maintain our dirt driveway... But I need the 3pt hitch kit first... Please send me links for either someone that has used kits, or someone who has a kit that fits my tractor. Because I can't afford the REDICULESS PRICE of $1,500.00 for a Kubota kit that Kubota says that Every L48 tractor Comes with all 3pt hitch pieces, but the company that bought the tractor said that it never came with the tractor! So the Dealer ripped off both the company and me and Kubota should track down who the dealer was and make them ship me the kit or loose the dealership for Kubota!! But Kubota doesn't care about anyone after they get the money for the tractor... Otherwise they would make it right and supply me with with the parts that is supposed to go with the tractor!! But I'm not going to hold my breath for them to do the right thing... So hoping that someone can help me get the parts that will fit quickly, so I can get the ground ready for next spring, so I can plant everything as soon as I get up here... Thanks in advance for the links...
I'm nearly certain the L48 didn't come with 3 pt parts. You can buy kit L3961 which includes all the parts. I bought one several months ago for about $500. You'll need to get your dealer to order whole goods, not parts. You can search my posts - I posted pictures and the installation manual.

Debo

Equipment
Kubota L48
Sep 16, 2021
Maine
I'm nearly certain the L48 didn't come with 3 pt parts. You can buy kit L3961 which includes all the parts. I bought one several months ago for about $500. You'll need to get your dealer to order whole goods, not parts. You can search my posts - I posted pictures and the installation manual.
First, are you Positive that a L3961 will fit my 2005 L48 with no modifications? And can you please send either the link or phone number to where you bought yours? If you have the part numbers for the "Kit" , please include that as well. Also do you have a video of how to put everything on so my 11 year old Grandson can put it together and get it right... Please send asap so I can order it and get it and put it on before I leave here First week of October... I take it that the Tractor Supply Category 1 set won't fit this unit? They just told me that they are all the same... Their complete kit is just over $200. Dollars... But I would see if I can get some people to pitch in if that Kubota set fits perfectly... Thanks

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
When looking at parts diagram's on Messick's website (you can create free login to view diagrams), it shows them by groups. Have you called dealer and asked about selling the groups, if no kit exists?

Have you tried calling Messick's? My local kubota dealer mentioned about them and their youtube channel when I bought my BX. Messick's has a video about installing a 3 point hitch on BX series and in it they mention they sell kits for BX - perhaps they can help you with your L48.

J10500 TOP LINK
J11000 3-POINT LINKAGE 1 (LOWER LINK)
J11500 3-POINT LINKAGE 2 (LIFT ROD)
K12500 PTO PROTECTOR

good luck

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
First, are you Positive that a L3961 will fit my 2005 L48 with no modifications? And can you please send either the link or phone number to where you bought yours? If you have the part numbers for the "Kit" , please include that as well. Also do you have a video of how to put everything on so my 11 year old Grandson can put it together and get it right... Please send asap so I can order it and get it and put it on before I leave here First week of October... I take it that the Tractor Supply Category 1 set won't fit this unit? They just told me that they are all the same... Their complete kit is just over $200. Dollars... But I would see if I can get some people to pitch in if that Kubota set fits perfectly... Thanks
Here's the link:
Looking now, I see it doesn't list the L48. So I could have been wrong, but I thought the L48 was virtually identical to the L47. Or maybe the L48 did come with the assy (like the L35) so it's just not listed.
I bought from my dealer in north Mississippi, but you should be able to order from yours. If you tell them to ship with their shop order, there may not be a shipping charge (mine didn't).
The price may be higher now, along with everything else.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I was doing some digging - maybe you do have the parts? I found this on another form while 'googling'...

"The lift rods are supposed to be stored on the left upright of the FEL. You pass them when getting on and off the tractor. They are easy to overlook.

The arms themselves are stored under the floorboard on each side of the frame. Make sure you have those also."

- Dan

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Here's a discussion:

Maybe the L3961 won't fit, but it's not clear.

Debo

Equipment
Kubota L48
Sep 16, 2021
Maine
You listed the part numbers, but is that the L3961 part numbers? And do you have any prices for them? As there is no way that I can spend over One Thousand Dollars... Because I don't even make that in a MONTH!! So if the L3961 fits my tractor and it is $500. Or less, then I might be able to get enough people to lend me the money to get it... But I have to make SURE that it fits and works perfectly so a 11 year old can install it... Thanks

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
You listed the part numbers, but is that the L3961 part numbers? And do you have any prices for them? As there is no way that I can spend over One Thousand Dollars... Because I don't even make that in a MONTH!! So if the L3961 fits my tractor and it is $500. Or less, then I might be able to get enough people to lend me the money to get it... But I have to make SURE that it fits and works perfectly so a 11 year old can install it... Thanks
Did you look to see if the parts are stored on the tractor?

Debo

Equipment
Kubota L48
Sep 16, 2021
Maine
When looking at parts diagram's on Messick's website (you can create free login to view diagrams), it shows them by groups. Have you called dealer and asked about selling the groups, if no kit exists?

Have you tried calling Messick's? My local kubota dealer mentioned about them and their youtube channel when I bought my BX. Messick's has a video about installing a 3 point hitch on BX series and in it they mention they sell kits for BX - perhaps they can help you with your L48.

J10500 TOP LINK
J11000 3-POINT LINKAGE 1 (LOWER LINK)
J11500 3-POINT LINKAGE 2 (LIFT ROD)
K12500 PTO PROTECTOR

good luck
Also Messnicks doesn't return my calls, Rick said that he would see if any other models would fit, as well as look around for used that would fit, but that was almost 8 weeks ago and I have called and left 5 messages to see what he had found, but No reply... So Messick's has been basically useless for me... As they were one that was over $1,100. For the parts that is in the repair manual... They said that there is no "Kit" for the L48 and has to get each part separately... So seeing as I don't have internet Service and have to type out everything and then get a ride down to the end of the road to send it... I was hoping that someone might be able to find a tractor Graveyard that would have them parts available, and or someone who has the 3pt hitch and doesn't need them because they have another tractor that has the 3pt hitch and is willing to sell them to me... I'm going to see if my neighbor in Vegas still interested in my F250 pickup and maybe I can trade him it for his Massy Ferguson 25hp TLB and see if he has or can get the 3pt hitch for that one. Then I would have to haul it from Vegas to Maine... But I don't really want 2 Tractors, that's why I bought the L48, because I need a tractor that can dig 10ft or more that also can take backhoe off and be able to rent tillers and seeders in the spring... I just didn't realize that Kubota was such a Rip-off Company that has No Customer Service and doesn't care about anyone after they have spent the big bucks on the tractor... Because if they did they would make it right and send me all the parts at 5% over Costs to make them! (To cover any shipping costs) I know that all of the parts would not cost over $200. Because Tractor Supply sells all the parts at RETAIL for $210. So you know that the MFG marks up the price, then the Asian distributor marks it up, then the US distributor marks it up, and then Tractor Supply warehouse marks it up and then ships to the store where they mark it up... So Kubota should have the MFG just send all the parts directly to me. And find out who the dealer was that sold the tractor without the parts and charge them for any fees unless they can prove that the parts did go with the tractor... And if they took like 50 bucks off the sale price, then I should not pay any more than the 50 bucks to replace them!! If Kubota had any Customer Service they would get to the bottom of it and make it right... But the people that I talked to at Kubota are lazy and doesn't care about anyone after buying the tractor... Only thing they say is "Talk to your local Dealer " but I don't have any "Local " Dealer near me... And the dealers have not been very helpful either, because I didn't buy the tractor from them... So if you can find out if the L3961 kit will fit my L48 and make sure that it doesn't have to have any fabrication to fit or use it... I appreciate your help, and any information that you can find to help me get a 3pt hitch that works on this tractor so I can help feed a bunch of Senior Citizens that don't get fresh food and vegetables, as they only get the crap Meals on Wheels that is microwave crap probably from China! I can't grow anything until I can get a 3pt hitch on my tractor... Thanks

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Yep, and no parts on or under the tractor...
I'm not sure on policy for posting links from other forums, I'll send you a message directly with the thread on the L48, perhaps you can sign up for that forum and ask those folks directly.

good luck

Dan