3901 HST transmission oil change

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
My operator manual indicates transmission filter change at 50hrs, then every 200.

Popped in to the dealer and told them i changed engine oil/filter and transmission filter. Was immediately asked if i changed transmission oil. I said no, manual only instructed to change filter at 50hrs.

I am getting mixed signals. Is there a mandate by Kubota to change hst transmission oil at a certain time?

Thanks

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
If I change the Filters, I change the Fluids. My dealer recommends to change Transmission Oil at the 50 hour mark.

Tropical Jack

Equipment
Kubota L3301 w/ FEL & BH, tilt and trim, chipper, box blade, grading blade
Kubota recommends the filter only at 50 hours. You will find some people here that follow that; and others who cannot change a filter without changing the fluid. There is no right answer - but there are a lot of opinions!

Jack

Reactions: 1 user

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
My L4060 has the same hst intervals, and is what I am following. Some folks change both filters and fluid at 50h for break in concerns and peace of mind.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
Thanks folks, believe i will hold tight to my manual. Oil looks great. At 101.5.....all ok. Maybe at 200, 400 for sure.

Being a 40's and 50's Farmall guy, this tractor is a huge blessing

Thanks for replies

rtallichet

Equipment
3901HST-FEL, box blade, backhoe, grapple, rake, forks, piranha bar stump grinder
Dec 11, 2017
Texas
My operator manual indicates transmission filter change at 50hrs, then every 200.

Popped in to the dealer and told them i changed engine oil/filter and transmission filter. Was immediately asked if i changed transmission oil. I said no, manual only instructed to change filter at 50hrs.

I am getting mixed signals. Is there a mandate by Kubota to change hst transmission oil at a certain time?

Thanks
My manual schedule reads after first 50 then every 400 thereafter

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
No issue with not doing it at 50 hr. It's not like engine oil that suffers a lot more during initial use. There are no combustion byproducts and fuel contamination and no high speed wearing in of parts. I would almost be willing to bet there is no discernable difference between new and 50 hour old hydraulic oil.