3. Telescopic Stablizers

osut362

Equipment
M9000dtc, b7500hs
Mar 15, 2009
Lindale, Texas
my new tractor ('06) has telescopic stablizers, my two old tractors use check chains. all three will do the same jobs. as for me...i wouldn't pay for the difference.....al

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Chains? My 7610 has the rod ends with turnbuckles. Is this what is referred to as chains? Or is there another chain type system :confused:

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Chains were used on old school tractors like a Ford 8N, more commonly its the turnbuckle like what Scott described as a threaded rod with a buckle in the middle on the lower lift arms.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Chains were used on old school tractors like a Ford 8N, more commonly its the turnbuckle like what Scott described as a threaded rod with a buckle in the middle on the lower lift arms.
Hey thanks Eric,
5 years living in a cave with my tractor and turns out I don't know what's going on outside the cave I live in.

Thanks for helping clear up the chains referance :D

Scott

rpraymond

Equipment
L3430HSTC w/front mounted blower, B2320, tiller, bh, chipper & grading scraper
Jan 10, 2010
Madison Co. NY
When my B2320 was delivered last year the first thing I did was switch to telescopic stabilizers. The price was $144.00 from the local Kubota dealer. If you need a list of all the parts and part #s let me know.
I find them much easier to use.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I guess I'm just to much of a creature of habit. I am used to the turnbuckles on the 3pt hitch and doesn't take long for me to swap out the toys. And yeah to this day I'd rather have a gear transmission over HST. I've used alot of other equipment that was HST and I HATED IT. I had no control over anything.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I guess I'm just to much of a creature of habit. I am used to the turnbuckles on the 3pt hitch and doesn't take long for me to swap out the toys. And yeah to this day I'd rather have a gear transmission over HST. I've used alot of other equipment that was HST and I HATED IT. I had no control over anything.
One draw back to the HST is it robs some of the horespower just to run the HST. Where as you will get negligible loss throught the drive train of a manual.

I used to have a Craftsman garden tractor. It was a manual with 4 speeds, i think, and had high and low transfer. It was air cooled 2 cylinder with 18hp. The thing was badd a$$ and I would pull this really big heavy drag, no problem. I even pulled a car one time no sweat.

It was well used when I got it and after it died I purchased a JD 120 HST lawn tractor. I figured this thing being twenty years newer with 2 more hp should really pull some $h!t. Boy was I wrong, complete waste of money. I hooked it up to the drag and nothing happened, didn't even budge it. It can't even pull the little trailer it came with loaded with dirt. Funny thing is the trailer is "rated" for a 1,000 pounds...HA HA!
This thing is ONLY a riding lawn mower and a complete waste of money. I guess the HST is robbing all the power.
Now it lives it's life as a fun toy for the kids to ride around.

But for the HST on my Kubota I haven't hit the limit on pullng with it yet. Don't really think I ever will. However I'm used to the HST and I also like power windows, cruise control and A/C :D

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I spent a year and a half driving a 26foot flat bed truck with a piggyback forklift and the lift was HST, I hated it because I had to use both feet to operate, one on the gas petal and the other on the hst petal. Also couldent stop and always bumped into things. I've played on a few tractors that were HST and I didnt like how they operate, I hated the extra annoying noise from the pumps. I'd like to find me a tractor with a GST transmission on it, clutchless but still has gears.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I put them on my L 3000. It was one of the best purchases I ever made. The question I would ask myself is how often do you plan on changing implements. I use my tractor for so many different jobs it was a worth while upgrade.