3 Rear Remotes, 1 Forward Third Function, 1 Valve - They Beat Me To It :-)

MidwestMike

Equipment
B2650
Sep 12, 2019
Coloma, MI
I know third functions are rear remotes have been covered quite well here: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...-remotes-on-my-b2650.33155/page-5#post-469011

Especially on B2650’s which are not being made now.
I read everything trying to put together a plan, and came out with some (as usual) strange thoughts while waiting for a grapple that won’t come in time to use this year.

My thought process...
  1. Why are they mounting the forward third function valve on the outside, right side? The same bracket would tuck in inside safely out of the way on the left side, are they just trying to save the cost of a few feet of hose? My thought is you would lose the jumble of hoses, and miss the bucket level for the forward hose run.
  2. Then I figured I might as well T the valve there and run it to the rear. When the grapple is not being used I could have one rear remote.
  3. Why not put a diverter in the rear, and I could have two rear remotes. Use electric or one of those manual ones like on the quick-couple rear remote kits. Should not need to top and tilt at the same time.
  4. Why put the valve forward on the loader if I’m T’ing and running a hose back?? Mount the valve in the back instead of doubling the hose run.
  5. Why use a diverter? Mount a two spool electric valve (the same manifold type used by the third function kits, so you can eliminate the return to tank line).
  6. With a T running forward you would just have two couplers mounted cleanly on the inside of the frame on the left side, same as the ones for the loader on the right.
  7. Or take it up one more notch, add three spool setup which would give you two rear dedicated, one forward dedicated, and third additional rear remote if you want to still T a line that runs to the front. (Which is what I'm working on.. )
I know you lose float, but I’m thinking the 3 PH does help enough with height. Plus, you can add a normal switch in parallel to the momentary rockers if you wanted to lock the hydraulic on for a log splitter, etc. No bungy cord.

Thought I really had an original thought, until I called on my missing mounting bracket and found out they are putting together a kit to combine the third function and rear remote kits.

It sounds like it will be about the same time as when a grapple order might arrive... :)

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I installed my summit 3rd function and did what you are saying to some extent. I teed the outputs and ran up the bucket for the grapple that is on order. I then went to the back with a set. I figure when the backhoe is off I might want to add a tilt but I have a home made dump trailer that I use behind the 8n and I have an older LP york rake that I installed a angling cylinder on that should make the driveway grading better with 4 wd. I need to look into the valve for splitting the back one. Also thinking of I paralleled the 3rd fnt switches I might be able to add hydraulics to my thumb on the BH77

On a different note I got the gear drive L2501 and know I am in the minority not having the HST but it is what I wanted. I am cleaning around an old pond and backing up the slope a lot. I like to use the foot throttle not the hand when moving with a loaded bucket. I found I lacked the ability to lock and keep the dif lock in. Looking it over I see where it comes out of the side of the gear box and came up with a bracket from a couple of 5/8 split shaft collars. welded together with 2" of small angle, a 3/8 bolt about 4" long head down welded to that at an angle. Then an old 8 iron handle end cut off at about 18" slides on. I can push this forward until it engages while backing up and it works really nice. I the is just the right amount of travel for the handle going forward and back by the seat belt. It all comes off with 2 split collars if need be for alteration but so far it works great. I should have taken pictures but didn't.

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I have Kubota's rear remotes on my BX2670, but added a selector valve on the loader valve, keeping the float function, and ran a third one out back a couple of years ago.

Ok, actually I added a second selector valve, as I have one on the front to run snowblower chute tilt along with rotation and up/down of the snowblower.

The manual valve goes to the rear, the additional front outlets are on an electric solenoid.